The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Still plenty of clueless parents/grandparents' wallets keeping this series afloat.
I thought the filmmakers would finally stop at the one with the dinosaurs, but I guess not. Before we know it, there will be more Alpha and Omega movies than Land Before Time movies. Heck, I'm surprised there isn't an A&O TV (or at least Netflix) series yet.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
I thought I should bring this to the chat's attention:

This looks... so bad.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet another reason for me to hate geese. :grouchy:

This movie's getting released April of next year. I hope it gets sucked into a jet turbine.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Yet another reason for me to hate geese. :grouchy:

This movie's getting released April of next year. I hope it gets sucked into a jet turbine.
And if you think that's bad, in the "dump month" before that, Open Road will have yet another CG film in theaters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261287/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So, another off-brand CGI movie about someone who wishes to be something she's not and goes on a personal journey to make that dream a reality.

Visually, I will say the movie does, actually, look nice, and the animation does, actually, look decent . . . but with a plot like this, it's totally predictable what's going to happen: this girl will eventually become the ballerina she always wanted to be, all the while learning that she doesn't have to pretend to be someone she isn't and that it's okay to just be yourself.

Oh, and Carly Rae Jepsen is part of the cast? No thanks.

mr3urious

Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261287/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So, another off-brand CGI movie about someone who wishes to be something she's not and goes on a personal journey to make that dream a reality.

Visually, I will say the movie does, actually, look nice, and the animation does, actually, look decent . . . but with a plot like this, it's totally predictable what's going to happen: this girl will eventually become the ballerina she always wanted to be, all the while learning that she doesn't have to pretend to be someone she isn't and that it's okay to just be yourself.

Oh, and Carly Rae Jepsen is part of the cast? No thanks.

Leap!
, or Ballerina as it's known everywhere else, can rightfully be considered a flop here at around $5 million this weekend, even though it already made back almost double its $30 million budget in the foreign market.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=34&p=.htm

Doesn't look too bad compared to off-brand animated films; just average.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do some movies always have to have a different title in North America? Like the movie known as PIRATE RADIO in North America and THE BOAT THAT ROCKED everywhere else.