Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, they've had other purple grouches, so. . . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, they've had other purple grouches, so. . . .
Oh..... Right.

(Eh, just one of those days I forget, probably cause the grouch characters don't stick out too much for me other than Oscar).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
From watching the song "Take a Rest", I noticed how some of the carribean AM characters look like the same ones from Carribean Air, and it actually made me wonder if that song debuted in (I'm guessing) late season 21.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is something that actually took me quite some time to catch on to, but I noticed how the first season didn't have the lavender Anything Muppet yet (I prefer that shade over the Purple Muppet anyway), same can be said for the Orange Gold puppet outside of Guy Smiley (I heard they just recycled the puppet for Conrad Love) and the Pumpkin Orange little Anything Muppet (outside of one Professor Hastings skit).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is something that actually took me quite some time to catch on to, but I noticed how the first season didn't have the lavender Anything Muppet yet
What color was that hippy who popped up in a lot of early Season 1 inserts? The poor videotape quality makes it hard to determine, but I always assumed he was an early version of a lavender AM.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What color was that hippy who popped up in a lot of early Season 1 inserts? The poor videotape quality makes it hard to determine, but I always assumed he was an early version of a lavender AM.
Nah, that puppet was just the Grump puppet recycled into a hippie.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is something I'm not sure if you could count it as "little" or not, but in the song "I'm so Lonely", @JonnyBMuppetMan pointed out on @Oscarfan 's upload of the song how the lead singer might be a parody of Randy Newman. I honestly thought the same thing, especially with the voice Jerry gave him and the appearance of the puppet is pretty similar to how Randy looked in his younger years. The melody of the song is also pretty similar to a song he'd write.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
From listening to "Pour Some Sugar in Me" last night, it made me think of how the beat was pretty similar to "NTV"/"The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics (I could also easily say the black and white cutscenes remind me of the music video for "I Love Rock and Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually now just noticed that the Disco palace in Honk Around the Clock" is the same one from "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" and where Grover does his alphabet dance among other skits.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They recycled limbo sets quite a bit - more than likely to save time and money. I'm pretty sure the set for Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School was reused for things like School in the Afternoon and the Count's first day in school, and whatnot. And how many times have we seen that facade that looks like a reverse version of 123 in Muppet inserts that take place in a city setting?