Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

mr3urious

Reaction score
The writers really missed the opportunity to put Mad Mod in "Hot Salad Water" even if they were too cheap to get Malcolm McDowell back to voice him. I mean, the original series had an episode about him sparking another British invasion, which would have made a perfect sequel. Instead, we got the Queen of England as the mastermind behind all this. :sigh:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else see this year's event arc? This time, it was about the dragon in Cyborg's favorite song "The Night Begins to Shine" trapping him in the universe and threatening to steal the song for his own purposes, forcing the Titans to save him and the song.

It was quite an epic episode with its visuals and action, and I even liked how the Titans showed genuine concern for their friend, which isn't something that normally happens in this show. Loved how Raven called back to "Meatball Party" to remind the others of him, which was ironically what she refused to partake in and ended up setting off the events of the ep. of the same name. Also great to see Cee-Lo and Fallout Boy heroically showing up in the last part to perform their covers of "NBTS". And David Kaye voicing the Dragon? Yeeeesss. :smile:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm going to throw in my two cents about this show and will say I pretty much knew it was going to be garbage once I saw promo's.

You just don't make Teen Titans a comedy show. Heck, you literally could take just any generic group of super heroes and make it a comedy show.

Just the way it's written makes it feel like a watered-down Drawn Together. I hate what they did to all the characters, especially Cyborg and Beast Boy.

The fact that it's pretty much consumed Cartoon Network's schedule like cancer cells is sad too. I blame this show for the fact that Regular Show and Adventure Time (when it was actually good) are/were hardly ever run anymore.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The fact that it's pretty much consumed Cartoon Network's schedule like cancer cells is sad too. I blame this show for the fact that Regular Show and Adventure Time (when it was actually good) are/were hardly ever run anymore.
I think TTG might also be the main reason why Steven Universe always goes on hiatus and doesn't seem to get as much airtime as other shows. :mad:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think TTG might also be the main reason why Steven Universe always goes on hiatus and doesn't seem to get as much airtime as other shows. :mad:
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

To me the whole show is like a poorly written fan fiction/drawing you would find on Deviantart.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I remember a time when Adventure Time and Regular Show were two of the most popular shows on CN. That was before TTG came along and shoved them off to the side, of course. I never did understand why CN just adores TTG so much when not even kids like it. (Well, some kids. A lot of kids do like the show because, well, they're kids.)

mr3urious

Reaction score
Control Freak is back, and this time he transforms the Titans into a Superfriends parody (and to a lesser extent the TT show from the '80s that failed to get beyond the pilot stage) to show how much "better" cartoons were in the past. It clearly makes fun of the lack of budget and strict content regulations cartoons had in the '70s. Definitely goes into troll territory as these meta episodes usually do, but it was still a lot of fun.

And on a related note, the TTG team is working on a Lego cartoon focusing on Unikitty from The Lego Movie, who was the real breakout star. We don't know if TTG will continue with a 5th season or if the writers will move on, but this seems more up their alley as it was a comedic movie to begin with, so there's less of a possibility to anger Lego fans.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ts-animated-series-at-cartoon-network-1001877

snichols1973

Reaction score
So far, the Labor Day and the Thanksgiving 2017 episodes have (at least in my opinion) been the suckiest:

The Labor Day episode might as well have been given the alternate title of "Busman's Holiday", since that term refers to someone who has to spend their holiday doing a job, with the Titans having to work on a holiday instead of recreation, which defeats the purpose of a holiday...

busman's holiday - Wiktionary: A holiday or vacation during which one does something similar to what one does as work.

And then we have Thanksgiving 2017, in which meaningless and useless traditions are forced upon them, such as being stuffed sick with food, disputing politics (which in some cases probably adds to indigestion), and worst of all, Robin actually has the gall to believe that the President (Trump) is doing a great job and arousing the ire of half the nation, coupled with
Robin "puppeting" the unconscious Titans and putting words into their mouths.

The real shocker would be if Robin, after all these years, was never a teenager, but an adult who has actually been a 20-something year old un-hipster who might turn into something like a military officer, ruthless fatcat businessman, or worse as the show slowly seeps into the pit of decadence...

mr3urious

Reaction score
On the plus side, there was the Halloween episode where the Titans try to win a costume contest against the Hive Five by dressing up as them, and all five members spoke once again. There's also the "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star" and "Demon Prom" which continue to focus on Raven's daddy issues. The former also has a lot of appearances from other DC heroes, albeit silent as expected.

The upcoming 200th episode two-parter should be promising as it's another meta episode about the Titans confronting their creators.