Billy Barkhurst

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't it discussed just recently that the reason we see so much less of E&B on the show now is because kids today find them "too boring" because their sketches are mostly dialogue-based, and contain very little action or physical humor?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, if the writers know how to write short Muppets segments, and they know how to write 10 minute street scenes with Ernie and Bert on them, then they should be able to write a short sketch with Ernie and Bert.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I don't really follow anything Sesame Street, but I did happen to catch a video on Facebook and was surprised to hear someone other than Steve performing Ernie!

But this guy does a really good job, and I guess Steve is busy with main Muppet stuff, so it all works out pretty well.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump. Is Billy no longer with SS? Because I just looked at the Character recasts page on the Wiki, and I noticed that Peter has taken over Ernie. I know he recently performed him in the "Name that Animal" video that was uploaded a week ago, but I figured that Billy couldn't make in that day and Peter was just substituting for him.

So, if anybody knows what's up, please fill me in- my curiosity is super piqued!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Thread bump. Is Billy no longer with SS? Because I just looked at the Character recasts page on the Wiki, and I noticed that Peter has taken over Ernie. I know he recently performed him in the "Name that Animal" video that was uploaded a week ago, but I figured that Billy couldn't make in that day and Peter was just substituting for him.

So, if anybody knows what's up, please fill me in- my curiosity is super piqued!
Yeah basically Peter Linz took over as Ernie this year starting with the annual Gala, I really don't know what happened to Billy but, oh well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

@Antsamthompson talked to Peter on Twitter, and he confirmed that he is the new Ernie.

Wow...never thought this thread would become obsolete so quickly.
Anyway, as has been said elsewhere, hopefully Billy gets more to do on the show in the future, assuming he hasn't been completely let go.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Anyway, as has been said elsewhere, hopefully Billy gets more to do on the show in the future, assuming he hasn't been completely let go.
He has been completely let go, from what I understand.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
He has been completely let go, from what I understand.
Oh, well that's a shame. While I do wonder what happened I don't really want to know because if I knew it may hinder my enjoyment of the character. I just hope he left on good terms with the other cast and crew.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
To be fair, he was really just a voice-over artist.