New Matt Groaning Show Announced For Netflix!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Sounds cool there getting the old Futurama gang back together again!
The Show Is called Disenchantment Its Fantasy based!,
http://moviehole.net/2017121101new-matt-groening-animated-comedy-coming-to-netflix It kind of sounds like the Futurama Movie BENDERS Game!
I like that Billy West, John DiMaggio and others from Futurama are on board!
Definitely intrigued by this. It's great to see Groening (whose name you misspelled in the title) move on from The Simpsons to create something that could be far better, like how Futurama was when it premiered. I hope the same writing team from the latter show will be involved, too. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Dumped?" Netflix has approximately 100 Million subscribers, and that probably doesn't count people who share passwords with others.

Regardless of whether or not everybody has Netflix, it's a viable outlet for content. Not every body has TV or even cable TV for that matter. Would you be humming the same tune if it was "dumped" straight to Comedy Central or Fuse?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Big shock, something getting dumped straight to Netflix.
Some shows on Netflix are getting bigger ratings than shows on big networks like ABC and NBC. So I say good for anyone creating a Netflix show.

Anyway, super excited. Can't wait to see who the writing team is, and i'm glad Matt's getting to do another show before he's dead :stick_out_tongue:. The satirical premise of a a dark fantasy world really does sound like an episode of Futurama or a brief cutaway scene from The Simpsons. Could definitely lead to some funny parodies for things like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, or even some Disney movies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Big shock, something getting dumped straight to Netflix.
Meanwhile many obeese Americans cry that you just insulted their previous Netflix. :big_grin:

But I do agree though. It does get a little predictable that many shows are going straight to streaming services.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Definitely intrigued by this. It's great to see Groening (whose name you misspelled in the title) move on from The Simpsons to create something that could be far better, like how Futurama was when it premiered. I hope the same writing team from the latter show will be involved, too. :smile:
it was a typo I know how to spell his name Groening:smile: I one finger type and sometimes type to fast and either miss a letter or put an extra letter give or take. My dad used to type the same way at work which was FDA GOV but is now retired, he types like that at home now. I guess I just take after him? my family didn't have a computer till 1999 and when I was in School in the 80's and 90's computer lab wasn't that big yet and even when we did work on computers in school I wasn't paying attention didn't really interest me. My mom can type really good she used to be a secretary! she mostly worked on type writers in the 70's though...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
"Dumped?" Netflix has approximately 100 Million subscribers, and that probably doesn't count people who share passwords with others.

Regardless of whether or not everybody has Netflix, it's a viable outlet for content. Not every body has TV or even cable TV for that matter. Would you be humming the same tune if it was "dumped" straight to Comedy Central or Fuse?
Cable/Satellite is a dying medium Streaming TV Is the way of the Future, You ever see Stranger Things it is excellent a cross between Steven Spielberg and Stephen King like as if they had a baby, and Netflix Is only 10 or 11 dollars a month cable is in the hundreds of dollars range.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Disenchantment will be 2 seasons of 10 episodes each, totaling 20. It could get renewed for more, however, though I'm sure Groening wouldn't want it to run on for too long, unlike a certain other show he birthed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflixs-animated-matt-groening-comedy-1024125

And I think it would be awesome if he were to get a Life in He|| series made like he wanted to do from the beginning. Hopefully Netflix will let him keep the rights to his strip.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Awesome! I'm a huge Simpsons and Futurama fan. I'm definitely looking forward to this, :smile:

Last edited: