We Need Another Movie

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Just an observation,

Whitmire was supposedly holding productions back, Movies and TV thinking he owned Kermit and him and only him can perform Kermit even better then Jim Henson. Whitmire thought he controlled the Direction of the Muppets.

May be now that Whitmire Is gone and Matt Vogel Performs Kermit may be we hear news in the coming months/years of either a TV show or new Movie?

May be this Whitmire firing could have been the best thing that could have happened to the Muppets moving forward. If we see no Traction with a new movie or TV show I might be inclined to agree with Whitmire because then what is holding back Disney from giving us new Muppets TV and Movies If not Whitmire?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Just an observation,

Whitmire was supposedly holding productions back, Movies and TV thinking he owned Kermit and him and only him can perform Kermit even better then Jim Henson. Whitmire thought he controlled the Direction of the Muppets.

May be now that Whitmire Is gone and Matt Vogel Performs Kermit may be we hear news in the coming months/years of either a TV show or new Movie?

May be this Whitmire firing could have been the best thing that could have happened to the Muppets moving forward. If we see no Traction with a new movie or TV show I might be inclined to agree with Whitmire because then what is holding back Disney from giving us new Muppets TV and Movies If not Whitmire?
It's possible. But right now, I want here Matt Vogel's Kermit voice. I'm still anxious.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
It's possible. But right now, I want here Matt Vogel's Kermit voice. I'm still anxious.
Yea he needs to get it down pat before a movie, may be for Starters a Holiday Special or TV Show. I bet they unveil Kermit on NBC Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Don't they always get Kermit and Piggy to do Interviews at the Parade? or the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
We got 2 movies and a television show in the span of half a decade. So obviously Steve was holding up production of new muppet movies. I mean come on, we usually get 10 movies and 6 tv shows at the very least.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
We got 2 movies and a television show in the span of half a decade. So obviously Steve was holding up production of new muppet movies. I mean come on, we usually get 10 movies and 6 tv shows at the very least.
I realize that Is a good pace for how Jim Henson worked but Disney Owns the Muppets now they Work Differently. I and most on here loved the 2015 TV show why did it End after only a season it had comparable ratings to Off The Boat which Is why I always compare the two and they were both on ABC the same night? from What we are hearing from Jim's kids and many others Whitmire's Controlling nature might have had something to do with it. also why wasn't James Bobin and his Muppets Film crew able to give us a third Film, Give us a Trilogy? Trilogy's are really a big thing right now thanks in part to Steven Spielberg and George Lucas not in that order....

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I and most on here loved the 2015 TV show why did it End after only a season it had comparable ratings to Off The Boat which Is why I always compare the two and they were both on ABC the same night? .
Look. I loved the 2015 show, but to say it had "comparable ratings" to FOTB is simply not true.

Yes, both shows averaged a 1.3, but the average for Muppets was heavily boosted by some strong early episodes. By February, it was doing around a 0.8 while FOTB was in the 1.2-1.4 range. The latter was much stronger.