Confessing Fears

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
There's another childhood fear of mine that I forgot to mention before:
The piano monster from Super Mario 64. It scared the living CRAP out of me when I was little, and I always feared having to get that red coin that was behind it.

I was also (to a lesser extent) freaked out by that Chain Chomp in Bob-Omb Battlefield. I would literally jump whenever it suddenly lunged out at you.

A lot of people say that Bowser's laugh and the eel in Jolly Roger Bay scared them, but those never bothered me.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of those Childhood Trauma videos on YouTube that have been trending lately. I've noticed that there is a handful of things that is mentioned in almost every video:
-Any episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog (I actually have joked and said "Each Childhood Trauma video has a Courage segment" due to the fact that he's in practically every one I've seen)
-Any episode of Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, or Tales from the Crypt
-The walrus from Pingu (I'd never heard of that thing until recently. I don't think it's creepy, but it would've probably bothered me when I was little)
-An actual horror movie that they saw on accident/behind their parent's back at a young age
-Watership Down (I was VERY disturbed when I looked up footage of this one. I mean, I'm a Happy Tree Friends fan, but at least they make it funny and although they mock the style of a kid show, they aren't actually targeted towards young kids like this movie was)
-The clown dream from The Brave Little Toaster
-The tunnel from Heck scene from Willy Wonka

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Regarding childhood fears,

I used to be scared of dogs (one licked my face and I got terrified), I was also once scared of Nutcrackers (they are creepy looking), car washes were also something I couldn't stand for awhile (those flapping brushes!), as well as loud/high-pitched sounds. Deep voices also use to creep me out for some reason.

Right now I'm honestly just terrified of frogs and toads. Those things creep me out with their bulgy eyes and bloating mouths. My only other fear I can think of is heights depending on how high I am.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Personally, although they never scared me:those frogs from the famous commercial that croak "Bud....wei....ser" kind of made me a bit uneasy. Maybe it was the idea of frogs croaking actual words (the only talking frog I was familiar with was Kermit and he sounded nothing like that).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I also saw my Dad watching the video for Tom Petty's Don't Come Around Here No More when I was little and it disturbed me. The fact that they made Alice the cake at the end "took the cake" (pun intended) as the creepiest moment in the video.

Schfifty

Reaction score
There's another childhood fear of mine that I forgot to mention before:
The piano monster from Super Mario 64. It scared the living CRAP out of me when I was little, and I always feared having to get that red coin that was behind it.

I was also (to a lesser extent) freaked out by that Chain Chomp in Bob-Omb Battlefield. I would literally jump whenever it suddenly lunged out at you.

A lot of people say that Bowser's laugh and the eel in Jolly Roger Bay scared them, but those never bothered me.
I don't remember those things scaring me much (aside from maybe the piano), but another video game, Banjo-Kazooie, had that shark in the second level. It was terrifying to have to avoid it while the Jaws music played, and even worse, you had to get a Jinjo in its area.

Also, was anyone ever afraid of the end of the "Rock with Barney" video, with the donkey's bray? That absolutely scared me as a kid.

Last edited: