The Chuck E. Cheese Memories thread

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone have memories going to Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theater? I remember first seeing the commercial back when I was 11. The shows, the pizza, the sundaes, and the video games. And I asked my parents if we could check it out. And I loved it. Especially the singing electronic puppets on the stage that consisted of Chuck E. Cheese, Mr. Munch the Monster, Jasper T. Jowles the dog, Pasqually the chef, Harmony Howlette the coyote girl. And a bird trio called the Warblettes. Though it was kind of creepy during the intermissions, they close their eyes and sit there motionless like they were asleep.
And I got to go there on my 12th birthday and they sang their famous birthday song. They called me the birthday kid, for I don't think they knew who they were singing to. That's when I learned they were only programmed to sing and not respond or mention names.
I also noticed every few years, the girl characters kept getting replaced. Harmony Howlette got replaced with Madame Oink the French pig. And then by Helen Henny the punk chicken. And Helen soon became the permanent girl character in the band.
Lately, I've been going to youtube and checking out how Chuck E. Cheese's had changed over the years. Chuck used to wear a red derby and vest. Then he started wearing a t-shirt and a skateboard helmet and made him sound younger. And later, they made him look even younger. And the stages and shows kept changing too. The characters no longer slept in front of us during the intermissions, now a curtain just closed down on them. And now the characters are starring in original skits and songs on youtube as hand puppets.
This was the Chuck E. Cheese show I first remember. And my favorite song they sang.

Last edited:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
There was only one reason I ever wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's, and that was the ball pit. I didn't really pay much attention to the animatronic show, I just did the rides and stuff like that. It was all about the ball pit for me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Alas, I never set foot in Chuck E. Cheese
Too young to be a parent, too old to be a kid.

Word had it in Noo Joisey, the place was a front for the Mob.
Run by people named Sal, Vito, and Nunzio.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's what one of the earliest Chuck E. Cheese's looked like back in 1979.

Last edited:

snichols1973

Reaction score
After graduating from high school in 1991, my mom took me to a Chuck E.'s in Colorado to celebrate; nowadays I just feel that the "Looks like today is your Chuck E. Day" ad campaign seems (to my opinion, at least) like it's already lost its novelty with tickets coming out of faucets, drinking fountains, etc.

I learned, when I attempted to apply there for a job, that they have a strong "no facial hair" policy, and every now and then my stubble tends to grow a bit long, so I decided to try my luck elsewhere...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Especially the singing electronic puppets on the stage that consisted of Chuck E. Cheese, Mr. Munch the Monster, Jasper T. Jowles the dog, Pasqually the chef, Harmony Howlette the coyote girl. And a bird trio called the Warblettes. Though it was kind of creepy during the intermissions, they close their eyes and sit there motionless like they were asleep.
UGH, those animatronics, man. They really creeped me out when I was little. Their eyes followed you, and i'm pretty sure they had motion censors, depending on the location, so i'm certain I almost died of a heart attack on at least three separate occasions when those things started singing behind me.

Besides that though, I have mostly fond memories. My three siblings and I all used to go there every year for our birthdays. I loved the design of the place, and the pizza smell in the air. The bike rides and Wack-a-Mole were always my favorite things.

Xerus

Reaction score
This was the band's most popular scene back in the early 80's. I especially love the Pizza Two Step song at the end.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I haven't got to that since I was a kid and I had came there for birthday parties.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Whatever memories I have of that place are now ruined by Five Nights at Freddy's. Just kidding, I actually had my 8th birthday there. I believe it was a Super Mario theme with a Toad cake, :smile:.