The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I cooked lunch for my abuelos today and they really liked it ^^ (I made cheeseburger burritos lol), we're always saying that only our Mexican friends can make burritos (we're Guatemalan) when, I gave them what I call: Ameri-Tex-Mex fusion and they loved it ^^ Not the first time I made the dish but, this was the first time I made it fresh for them rather than eating the leftovers with them. Overall, they were very pleased :big_grin:
sounds great. How are you with empenadas?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
sounds great. How are you with empenadas?
We make them the 'easy way'; we also don't call them empanadas (that's the correct spelling, ahem) but, we call them dobladas (fold-overs). But yeah, we buy the Goya brand tortillas and fill with what we see fit (we really only use cheese and Guatemala picado, mix of ground beef and some other diced veggies) again, fillings etc...vary from background etc...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We make them the 'easy way'; we also don't call them empanadas (that's the correct spelling, ahem) but, we call them dobladas (fold-overs). But yeah, we buy the Goya brand tortillas and fill with what we see fit (we really only use cheese and Guatemala picado, mix of ground beef and some other diced veggies) again, fillings etc...vary from background etc...
Wherever you call home, whatever you fill them with, whatever they're called, I love them. The Irish call them "pasties". Beef or lamb (sometimes even fish), potatoes, cheese, local spices. Continents or languages may vary, but nothing is lost in the translation. 8)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Sassafras made me smile today. She's so cute!

Okay, here's the story. I don't know why she did this, but my mom went out and adopted another kitten. They were at the pound where they adopted a kitten, Nicki, last week, and I guess they told them that they had to put her down today, because she was so sick and wouldn't get better. I don't know. The new kitten's name at the pound was Sassafras, and my mom hasn't decided whether or not she's going to change it (my sister and I were calling her "Sassy" though, and for some reason, I love the word "Sassafras"). She seems a lot healthier than Nicki was. I hope it works out okay. She and my mom's other kitten, Bear, didn't hiss and scream at each other when we introduced them, so I guess that's a good sign (they were batting each other in the head, though).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I meant fuzzygobo saying the Irish call them "pasties."

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My parents renamed "Sassafras." Not to mention my mom renamed "Bear," too. Sassafras's new name is Natasha, and Bear's new name is Boris.