Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4732 - Rudy Lets Loose

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4732 - Rudy Lets Loose
HBO Premiere: Saturday August 12, 2017
PBS Premiere: Thursday April 19, 2018

Abby and Rosita help watch over Grover's dogs but Rudy scares the dogs when he tries to pet them. Rudy uses Abby's wand and turns himself into a dog so Grover's dogs will be friends with him.

This episode features an all-new street story and the premiere of Captain Elmo and Henrietta in Kindness-1 ("Lost Puppy").

If you saw "Rudy Lets Loose" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The story was fine; Rudy's song ended on the bridge though, what's up with that? I feel like there should've been more of him being shown he's afraid of the others, but whatever.

I guess they didn't want to repeat too much from their last "dog" themed episode, so they just crammed a whole mess of stuff in (which I'm fine with), including Bob! (on a clearly different street set...)

I saw a photo of that "Kindness-1" bit, but had no idea to what it would attached to. It looks a pilot for a different EW replacement. I'd rather have anything over EW, so this looks like it could've been fun. But, we know EW is coming back next season, so I don't think we'll see other editions of this. Even it might've been a "pilot," I guess they had it polished enough that they didn't want to just throw it away.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good, and I'm kind of glad that we saw what Rudy's intentions with Abby's wand really were, because to be honest, the way the promos were cut and everything made it seem like Rudy was going to turn out to be a kind of bratty younger brother who would end up annoying and tormenting Abby all the time; not that that couldn't work, but I don't think Abby and Rudy need to have an Arthur and D.W. dynamic to their relationship. One thing I did find interesting was how not only did Rudy turn himself into a dog, but he ended up with a dog's perspective as well, so he could see why a bigger being (like Rosita) running up to him could be frightening from a dog's perspective. As for Abby, she's really starting to sound more and more like an old lady, I have to say.

Now, for this new Elmo segment . . . how long ago did they make it? Because that alien monster who lost her dog sounded an awful lot like Fran (made me think of the fish called Wanda). But, it was probably Stephanie, I would imagine. Either way, it was a refreshing change of pace from EW and ETM.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good. I liked Rudy's song. And Grover thinking you had to curtsy to a dog and him losing his lunchbag to the dogs. The Kindness 1 sketch was very good. I liked Leslie's performance of Henrietta and Stephanie's performance as the computer and the dog-owning alien.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good, and I'm kind of glad that we saw what Rudy's intentions with Abby's wand really were, because to be honest, the way the promos were cut and everything made it seem like Rudy was going to turn out to be a kind of bratty younger brother who would end up annoying and tormenting Abby all the time; not that that couldn't work, but I don't think Abby and Rudy need to have an Arthur and D.W. dynamic to their relationship.
I know that Abby is the main girl Muppet now, but I really think the divorce/blended family story line would've been more interesting with Zoe. Zoe has a much wider emotional range, and she's always been very naive and curious, so seeing her be upset and confused about her parents' splitting up would've made sense. As opposed to Abby who's pretty bland and mostly just happy all the time. Not to mention, Zoe's still the weird kid who talks to a rock and uses it to hide behind her insecurities, wouldn't it have been interesting to see her grow up a little bit while taking on the responsibilities of becoming an older sister?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Drtooth, is that you?
Nope, just someone who really wishes the show would utilize it's characters better. :wink:
Meanwhile, this brings another question to mind. Abby, Elmo, and Zoe are all supposed to be three, so how old is Rudy? He doesn't really act much like a one or two year old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but then again, not three-year-olds I've ever known act like Abby, Elmo, or Zoe.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
True, but the other characters' younger siblings like Curly Bear and Alice acted more their age. But, then again, i'm applying waaay too much logic to this show. :embarrassed:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Two easy answers:

1. Abby is a main character, Zoe isn't anymore.

2. Rudy's presence is to help teach about blended families. A monster and another monster becoming step-siblings doesn't convey that as well as a monster and a fairy become step-siblings.