Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Rtec1

Reaction score
Someone just sent a tweet to DST saying this -
Excited for wave 3 of the muppets from @CollectDST to arrive tomorrow. Hope wave 4 doesn't take as long to release.

@CollectDST Series 3 has been out for a month! We'll see about Series 4.

Then I asked
Is that implying Series 4 might not make it to the shelves?

@CollectDST Not sure what you mean, but definitely pre-order

Not sure why he doesn't understand what I meant. Sounds to me like they're waiting on pre order sales.

I've just opened my sets and I too spent about 45 minutes trying to get the stuff out of the box, so frustrating!

Love the figures, I think there was a bit of overkill with the accessories, a lot of it flimsy, a few of them bent up.
I also feel like one of Janice's arms is going to snap off if turn it too much, same as one of Crazy Harry's. And as annoying Fozzie's hat was, Janice's beats it hands down!!!

Rtec1

Reaction score
Just had another look at the new figures, where all three series are set up on my sons shelf. So pleased to have Rowlf, and he looks great next to his piano.
The Miss Piggy is really good, love the classic feel to her. Janice and Floyd really compliment Animal.
It'll be a travesty in we don't get to finish the band off. I really want Series 4, and I'll be happy for it to end there. But please Diamond Select if you read this, please do all you can to get Series 4 on shelves!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Popped by for a brief statement. After all of the negativity about the ambiguous release date for Series 3 was proven wrong, people are still being Chicken Littles about Series 4. Just pre-order and I'm sure you'll be fine. Yeah, the answer to whether or not things are coming out is always cagey with action figures. That's how it always is. This is no different. We'll see Series Four soon enough. I'd expect it by year's end; probably a couple months before. :wink:

Rtec1

Reaction score
I can't preorder them being in the UK or I would.
It's a simple answer when asking anyome from DST, yes no or maybe! Stop being coy about it when asked, it's not hard!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Popped by for a brief statement. After all of the negativity about the ambiguous release date for Series 3 was proven wrong, people are still being Chicken Littles about Series 4. Just pre-order and I'm sure you'll be fine. Yeah, the answer to whether or not things are coming out is always cagey with action figures. That's how it always is. This is no different. We'll see Series Four soon enough. I'd expect it by year's end; probably a couple months before. :wink:
Time will tell, but things don't look good for series 4. Pre orders are very important, so why didn't DST display them at Comic Con and why did they give a coy reply on Facebook. MiniMates only made it to Series 3, and they pulled it quietly and didn't say that they were done till people enquirered. Muppets seem to have a thing about doing things and not telling anyone, like a certain Frog case !!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can't preorder them being in the UK or I would.
It's a simple answer when asking anyome from DST, yes no or maybe! Stop being coy about it when asked, it's not hard!
That's how the action figure game is played by nearly every company. You don't talk about product until it actually hits the shelves. Muppets are special to us, but they are no different as product. :stick_out_tongue: I have no official info to tell you, but I'd set the odds for series 4 at over 90%.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Time will tell, but things don't look good for series 4. Pre orders are very important, so why didn't DST display them at Comic Con and why did they give a coy reply on Facebook. MiniMates only made it to Series 3, and they pulled it quietly and didn't say that they were done till people enquirered. Muppets seem to have a thing about doing things and not telling anyone, like a certain Frog case !!
By the way, that's a bizarre and unrelated comparison. Sometimes I wonder about fans, but I don't wonder why I ever left this place. The most negative (and apparently racist, judging by other threads) Muppet spot on the planet. Be well and don't take this stuff too seriously. It's not healthy. Peace.

muppetperson

Reaction score
My series 3 figures finally arrived. Very nice sculpts and accessories. However, there are still problems. Janice, Crazy Harry and Mahna Mahna, have holes in their feet for bases, but they don't come with bases, and the holes are too big for standard figure bases. Miss Piggy's elbows wont bend and one of her hands pulled straight out. It would be nice if Mahna Mahna had more articulation, and
poor Foo Foo has none. Miss Piggy, Rowlf and Floyd also will need some kind of base as they are top heavy. I guess they are great if you want to display them in their packets, but then that defeats the purpose of them being action figures.