The Chuck E. Cheese Memories thread

C to the J

Reaction score
When I was a kid, there used to be one with different animatronics. I'm pretty sure that place used to be Showbiz Pizza Place. They must have recycled the Rock-afire Explosion animatronic structures and turned the place into Chuck E. Cheese's before my parents took me there for the first time. CEC's and SPP are both part of the same company, so the transition made sense.

And did you know the current voice of Chuck E. is Jaret Reddick of Bowling for Soup? You might know the band for performing the Phineas and Ferb theme song.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember going to Showbiz Pizza on my 13th birthday. The show in this restaurant had three different stages. One had a ventriloquist act called the Rolfe and Earl Show. The second had the Rock-afire Explosion. And the third had the main star, Billy Bob the Bear and his bird sidekick.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I went to Chuck E. Cheese's a couple times in middle school for being on the Honor Roll, I had a great time there, but could care less about the animatronics.

I also remember going to Discovery Zone at least once, that was a lot of fun, too.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too have heard that the animatrontics would be replaced with costumed actors soon. At least we'll have youtube so we can watch the old shows and new stuff with the hand puppets. Here's a documentary about the CEC characters that came and went. Starting with the first forgotten character, Crusty the Cat.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I was born too early for Chuck E. Cheese.
Too old to be a kid there, too young to be a parent.

However, I more than made up for it with Medieval Times.
Now THAT is a cool place. 8)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
However, I more than made up for it with Medieval Times.
Now THAT is a cool place. 8)
I'm sure it's a cool place, but I never got why some people view eating with their hands as one of the enjoyable parts. It's uncomfortable to eat with your hands, that's why we have forks and spoons. And worse, I definitely don't want to watch someone else eat with their hands- That's gross.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's part of the deal, having finger food like chicken, ribs, and corn on the cob.
If it's uncomfortable eating with your hands, may you never have to deal with a hamburger or a hot dog.

Actually, Snowthy would probably remember the Seinfeld episode of George using a fork and knife to eat a Snickers bar.
Or M&M's with a spoon.

Try eating a taco with chopsticks.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I went to Chuck E. Cheese's a couple times in middle school for being on the Honor Roll, I had a great time there, but could care less about the animatronics.

I also remember going to Discovery Zone at least once, that was a lot of fun, too.
Did you have your party there?