11 Years of Abby Cadabby!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I sure feel old! Season 37 premiered the week before I started 7th grade, and I remember tuning in to every episode that week (hooray for having one week left of summer break!). (Except for Wednesday when I was grounded from watching TV, and had to endure with listening to "Cookie World" on the radio instead of watching it...ultimately I was able to watch it another day...but that's another story!) Of course, I was more into the older SS episodes (pre Season 30), and obviously I wasn't too crazy for Abby at first. But overtime, she's grown on me...although I still hate AFFS to this day.
Just wanna ask you, ever since SS became a half hour long, we don't see you expressing your thoughts on the episodes anymore. Have you decided the show has finally jumped the shark and is not worth watching anymore, or are you just busy with a job?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Just wanna ask you, ever since SS became a half hour long, we don't see you expressing your thoughts on the episodes anymore. Have you decided the show has finally jumped the shark and is not worth watching anymore, or are you just busy with a job?
I wouldn't say it jumped the shark...I mean...we don't see any hour long kiddie shows on TV these days, so of course it was understandable that they decided to reduce SS to half an hour.

The reason I haven't been giving my thoughts on the newest episodes...well...it's a pretty huge number of reasons. I'll PM you later on. (Plus if there's anyone else besides Anthony who'd been wondering why I haven't been giving my out my own personal thoughts on the episodes lately, let me know, and I'll PM you as well!)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Wow. Okay. I'll wait for that PM. My own personal thoughts on Abby is, when she debuted, I wasn't watching SS at the time because I had to go to school. So I wasn't aware that Abby existed until the fallowing year when I got the Internet. The very first thing I saw with her was the episode where she and Baby Bear go to school. At the time, I thought she was a little annoying. Then in January of 2008, I got the TV Episode Fun Packs and saw her debut. That's when I really started to understand who she was and started to like her.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I remember being super disappointed when she debuted. Still not too fond of her, her pairings with Elmo are quite bothersome cause Elmo can bounce off so many great characters yet the go-to is Abby.

I'm glad some people like her, I never have. Don't have too much to say about her other than this.