The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forget if I said this before, but I feel like the sketches could work better if they were entirely separate in their own series - like if Channel Awesome did their own SNL or MADtv kind of thing? I feel like that could conceivably work, and it could certainly make the sketches a little more tolerable when they're being showcased on their own and not disrupting a Nostalgia Critic review.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching the new episode all the way through, I'm reminded how even still to this day, Kath Soucie continues to be one of my top favorite voice actresses of all time - her voice work is always amazing, and I can see why NC is going nuts over Tuffy's re-enactment of the tunnel of fear.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
After watching the new episode all the way through, I'm reminded how even still to this day, Kath Soucie continues to be one of my top favorite voice actresses of all time - her voice work is always amazing, and I can see why NC is going nuts over Tuffy's re-enactment of the tunnel of fear.
Yeah, somehow I never get tired of her voice. There are a lot of great voice actors out there, but sometimes even they play characters that don't fit them. But, somehow Kath's voice always seems to fit. I especially love the voice she uses for Tuffy and Lil from Rugrats. It's a very cute voice, but it's not bland, generic, or grating.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love that particular voice too, I always had it in the back of my mind when thinking of what kind of voice I'd like for one of my puppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see more people are still vlogging on YouTube about why they left Channel Awesome, and while most of them still remain vague about their decisions, one girl actually goes into detail explaining why she decided to terminate her time with them, and honestly, from what she's saying, it sounds almost exactly like the issues TV Tropes has been having for the past few years: becoming too rulesy, being inconsistent with their rules, not explaining the rules clearly to producers, lack of communication with producers, looking for any little mistake to hold against the producers despite all of their other contributions, then putting all the blame for these problems on the producers themselves for not staying on top of the rules and everything . . . all things TV Tropes has been doing in recent years.

On top of that, she also offers up the suggestion that Channel Awesome has simply grown too big for them to handle themselves properly and efficiently.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now NC has reviewed The Sorcerer's Apprentice, a live-action remake of that famous segment from Fantasia starring Nicolas Cage, except you could have called it by any other name and it would be the same dang thing. It was a huge flop and all but forgotten about in its time.

https://vid.me/aaCJ6

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Critic now takes a look at the first episode of the DuckTales reboot, and surprise surprise, he really likes it.

https://vid.me/lqqnD

I never noticed that the dogface girl in the lobby with Donald (and apparently near the end having quickly taken a job as an anchorwoman) looked like Roxanne, if she's not actually supposed to be her. And yeah, Flinty's henchmen are pretty pathetic if they were able to be beaten by a bunch of kids, especially Gabby "Ways of the Blade" McStabberson. Considering how cheap they were, either she's BS-ing, or those were some really crappy monks she was trained by.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Critic now takes a look at the first episode of the DuckTales reboot, and surprise surprise, he really likes it.

https://vid.me/lqqnD

I never noticed that the dogface girl in the lobby with Donald (and apparently near the end having quickly taken a job as an anchorwoman) looked like Roxanne, if she's not actually supposed to be her. And yeah, Flinty's henchmen are pretty pathetic if they were able to be beaten by a bunch of kids, especially Gabby "Ways of the Blade" McStabberson. Considering how cheap they were, either she's BS-ing, or those were some really crappy monks she was trained by.
Ah, I was wondering if he was going to talk about the new show considering he's a fan of the original, and it also has a bit of a Gravity Falls vibe to it, and he likes that show too.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ah, I was wondering if he was going to talk about the new show considering he's a fan of the original, and it also has a bit of a Gravity Falls vibe to it, and he likes that show too.
Funny, the reboot is co-developed by Francisco Agnones, who was a storyboard artist on GF. So it's no surprise that it kinda feels like that show. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Funny, the reboot is co-developed by Francisco Agnones, who was a storyboard artist on GF. So it's no surprise that it kinda feels like that show. :smile:
I think there are actually quite a few people working on it who worked on GF, including Dana Terrace. I only know who she is because she recently hosted a charity live-stream with Rebecca Sugar, Ian JQ, and Alex Hirsch.