"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

gravy

Reaction score
Wondering if this'll go in a Stuffed and Unstrung direction or like a CSI action movie type of thing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yeah they had an article of it over at Tough Pigs. I can't wait to see it. I just hope that my friend will want to watch it. It just doesn't think Melissa McCarthy is all that funny. He thinks she plays the same character in all her movies the same but I know everyone has their own opinions.
There are several Will Farrel movies that I don't care for that I don't think are all that funny so to each their own but I can't wait to see an Ad for this movie. I know I'll enjoy it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As soon as I heard Melissa McCarthy was starring in this, I didn't want to see it; and now that I hear she reportedly rewrote the script herself, I want to not see it even more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As soon as I heard Melissa McCarthy was starring in this, I didn't want to see it; and now that I hear she reportedly rewrote the script herself, I want to not see it even more.
Yeah. I'm a fan of Melissa as an actor, but not her movies. However, i'm hoping this will open the door for more puppet movies in the future.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Listen to Steve Swanson's hilarious reaction when he hears that this movie might actually happen, and when he realizes why it takes so long for Henson projects to happen. Listen from 49:41 to 56:29: http://muppethub.com/mft1/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Braking news! :news:

As reported on toughpigs, former SNL ashlumn and Human :flirt:, Maya Rudolph has just signed on to be part of the film's cast. What role she'll end up playing is unknown at this moment though.

gravy

Reaction score
I laugh just imagining about the movie because I already know it's gonna be so funny. No doubt this'll be a hit!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Braking news! :news:

As reported on toughpigs, former SNL ashlumn and Human :flirt:, Maya Rudolph has just signed on to be part of the film's cast. What role she'll end up playing is unknown at this moment though.
Once again, not every single comedy movie in cinema has to have SNL castmembers shoehorned into the picture.

I like Maya Rudolph, but again, it's gotten to a point now where practically every comedy movie has SNL castmembers shoehorned into the cast when any other actors out there could play the roles. Same with TV shows - NBC has gotten notorious for handing new shows over to SNL castmembers on silver platters: Amy Poehler is supposedly showrunning and directing a "sitcom" about Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Perkins being the king and queen of a strange, far off land; and Seth Meyers was just recently tapped to try to reboot THE MUNSTERS again (this after Jerry O'Connell failed at it a few years ago).

But then again, why should I even bother critiquing a movie I'm not going to see anyway?