The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mr3urious

Reaction score
Why do some movies always have to have a different title in North America? Like the movie known as PIRATE RADIO in North America and THE BOAT THAT ROCKED everywhere else.
In the case of that, perhaps they thought Americans would be too stupid to understand that punny title. And market-based titles go the other way, too. Zootopia is called Zootropolis in Britain, for some reason. And let's not forget UHF becoming The Vidiot from UHF, which Weird Al hated.

Though I will say, Leap! is a more creative and unambiguous name compared to Ballerina.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My friend told me that there is going to be a Fidget Spinner movie yesterday. PLEASE TELL ME THAT ISN'T TRUE! I almost lost my faith in humanity when I heard that. That sounds like a parody you'd see on Robot Chicken making fun of the whole "everything popular needs a movie" philosophy that Hollywood seems to have nowadays.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
On Rotten Tomatoes:

Oogieloves: 27%
Emoji Movie: 7%

WOW. You know a movie sucks when Oogieloves has better reviews.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
On Rotten Tomatoes:

Oogieloves: 27%
Emoji Movie: 7%

WOW. You know a movie sucks when Oogieloves has better reviews.
That's amazing, especially since it's the third lowest-rated movie on there after Mulan II and the first Yu-Gi-Oh film, The Pyramid of Light (yes, you read that correctly. Yu-Gi-Oh has a 5% on there).
Also, my sister found this TV pilot called Back To The Drawing Board that seems to have a cute premise. But wait until you look at HOW it's animated:
Wow. That looks like cutscenes from a 2000's videogame mixed with Video Brinquedo movies. And did I mention this project began last year? There is no way in heck this is probably going to get greenlit by ANY network with such atrocious animation.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
That's amazing, especially since it's the third lowest-rated movie on there after Mulan II and the first Yu-Gi-Oh film, The Pyramid of Light (yes, you read that correctly. Yu-Gi-Oh has a 5% on there).
Also, my sister found this TV pilot called Back To The Drawing Board that seems to have a cute premise. But wait until you look at HOW it's animated:
Wow. That looks like cutscenes from a 2000's videogame mixed with Video Brinquedo movies. And did I mention this project began last year? There is no way in heck this is probably going to get greenlit by ANY network with such atrocious animation.
"Third lowest-rated movie" Ummm, what do you mean by that? There's plenty of movies on there with 0% scores.

But about that pilot, I recognize that squirrel. The studio behind that pilot must also be the same studio that makes these phone games I've seen on the Google Play Store, like "Talking James Squirrel". Same squirrel, same low-quality CGI animation.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
"Third lowest-rated movie" Ummm, what do you mean by that? There's plenty of movies on there with 0% scores.

But about that pilot, I recognize that squirrel. The studio behind that pilot must also be the same studio that makes these phone games I've seen on the Google Play Store, like "Talking James Squirrel". Same squirrel, same low-quality CGI animation.
It's not CGI, but I've never liked Mulan II either. It just didn't have the feel of the original movie at all. Mulan is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and I felt that the second one was a bit too sequel-ish, if you know what I mean. It wasn't poorly made or anything, it just lacked the original movie's tone in my opinion. Mushu not being voiced by Eddie Murphy was an early indicator that it would be changed too much. But not only did they do that, also Mushu's personality was changed completely. He went from helping Mulan and sticking by her side to being a complete jerk who wanted to break up her and Shang just because of his own selfish desires. I'm sorry, but that's not the same Mushu who, as we found out in the first movie, actually cares about Mulan.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Oh, it appears that the heads of Original Force stepped down from their positions...
...before Duck Duck Goose has even been released.