Where are the older humans?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'd love to see Gordon, Bob, or Gina in one of these Chrysler videos. The only main human cast members that SS uses now are Alan (nothing against him though), Chris, and Nina. They didn't even give Mando or Leela a proper send-off. They just got swept under the rug as far as I know.
Honestly, I don't think i'll ever stop being mad that Leela and Mando are gone, especially since the latter only appeared for two seasons. Weather they left on their own or not, it's still sad. Actually, after basically all the cast members left I think that's when I began to appreciate Alan and Chris more, because they were the last familiar faces left. Nina, she's alright but she's not one of my favorites.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know what would be hilarious? Bringing back Ruthie or Celina. Or Savion, who is now unrecognizable to Sesame Street fans because he now sports a beard and dreadlocks. Of course, that would be nothing short of a true blue miracle.
I'd love to see them make a cameo during the 50th anniversary. I think they're probably recognisable enough, especially since both Ruth Buzzi and Savion Glover are well known outside of their SST appearances.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I would love to see Susan Gordon and Bob as well!!!!

Schfifty

Reaction score
Nah, Hiroshi's way to obscure. They should be bringing back guys like Petey and Miguel.
Oh, definitely Petey for sure. Nothing like promoting classic breakdancing to today's preschoolers. :wink:

It would be nice to see Ruthie make a special appearance again, although I don't know if she does much performing anymore. She's kinda up there.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Oh, definitely Petey for sure. Nothing like promoting classic breakdancing to today's preschoolers. :wink:

It would be nice to see Ruthie make a special appearance again, although I don't know if she does much performing anymore. She's kinda up there.
She's 81, no older than Bob is. She's up there but no reason to stop performing. Betty White, anyone?? But, of course, I think Betty is superhuman.

Seriously, though, I don't think she performs anymore other than voiceovers.

jobi71

Reaction score
Betty White is super human. If you can find the clip of her on 30 Rock defying the "Rule of Three" it is amazing. I think what has most fans upset is not that they let these cast members go (they are older, there needs to be a curriculum we can maintain etc) So I think the main issue is we were never able to say good-bye to these beloved characters (on a show that did a good job of saying good-bye to characters and actors - Will Lee, Jerry Nelson). I feel that they did a disservice to themselves by having this happen all "off screen". I understand that an episode about these folks moving on may not have fit in with the direction the show was going, but how about Gordon and Susan are retiring in Yuma! And Luis is joining Maria in Puerto Rico (a hot potato I know), Bob is moving to Japan. Just give us some closure on these characters. It can happen in You Tube videos it does not to be within the show.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Betty White is super human. If you can find the clip of her on 30 Rock defying the "Rule of Three" it is amazing. I think what has most fans upset is not that they let these cast members go (they are older, there needs to be a curriculum we can maintain etc) So I think the main issue is we were never able to say good-bye to these beloved characters (on a show that did a good job of saying good-bye to characters and actors - Will Lee, Jerry Nelson). I feel that they did a disservice to themselves by having this happen all "off screen". I understand that an episode about these folks moving on may not have fit in with the direction the show was going, but how about Gordon and Susan are retiring in Yuma! And Luis is joining Maria in Puerto Rico (a hot potato I know), Bob is moving to Japan. Just give us some closure on these characters. It can happen in You Tube videos it does not to be within the show.

I would have appreciated that too. Some sort of closure. They did that when Hooper died and they did that when David left the show. They said he was moving. Because these 5 have been major staples since day one (or almost day one), it would have been nice. I think the actors would have appreciated it too. I will admit, I got every emotional when I found out that they were leaving. I felty like half my family was moving away. I know that seems so stupid.

On a related note, I just wish that the humans were a little more prominent these days. Maybe it doesn't go with the style of what they want now, but there were many moments just between the human cast early on that were so great. It wasn't always about the Muppets. They took a secondary role to the human adults, which was fun for a change. For example, Maria and Luis getting married and the baby; the adoption of Miles; Olivia and David singing "It Feels Good When You Sing a Song"...I could go on. I just loved when they were in the spotlight too.