The "What Commercial was that?!" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one that's been bugging me lately: you know how local channels always play the same PSAs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over during cartoons in the morning? "Be Cool About Fire Safety," and all those? Yeah. There's one that I vageuly remember from when I was in kindergarten (1995) that would be played every single freakin' morning whenever I'd watch like Looney Tunes or Pink Panther and such... it had a mother and her daughter tumbling into a pile of autumn leaves, set to the song, "You are so beautiful to me." Drove me crazy!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The one '80s PSA I still haven't been able to find is one where two teenagers carve their initials on a tree, and then the announcer talks about how the tree died and (as I remember), the tree kinda falls at the audience. If I could find that one, that would be awesome!

You know, by the way, those PSAs were always ten times scarier than most main stream Horror flicks. I know it sounds weird, but Hollywood really needed to employ some of those commercial directors! I mean look at this one, the camera work and music--instantly you know something's off kilter and it's beyond creepy. You can feel the tension; you're afraid of what might pop up at the end. Very effective.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a commercial I'm remembering for a shoe brand, but can't remember what the shoe brand was.

The commercial aired around Christmas 1994. A kid/teenage boy is opening a present by the tree, I don't remember any parents being there when he does, and gets shoes. The announcer says, to the effect of, "Christmas is the time of year where you learn that giving is better than receiving. NOT!"

salemfan

Reaction score
When I was a kid in the 90s I remember seeing this commercial in which a woman said "I am a _____, but sometimes I disappear." Then on screen she gets erased from the bottom up against a blue background, until only the blue background is left. I know it was a clip, but maybe it wasn't a commercial. Maybe it was part of a TV show whose name I do not know. Still, can anybody tell me what it was so I can look for it on YouTube?

salemfan

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a music video in which they are roasting Barbie dolls on the backyard grill? If anybody knows what it was a commercial for, can anybody help me find it?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I have no idea what year this was, but I figured I'd ask for my sister's sake. She's been looking for a commercial that she doesn't know what the heck it was for. Something about tennis, whether it be for tennis balls, or for a tournament, or whatever. Anyway, what she remembers is kittens were in it, and watching a tennis match.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a music video in which they are roasting Barbie dolls on the backyard grill? If anybody knows what it was a commercial for, can anybody help me find it?
it was not commercial, it was a music video for the song black hole sun, which i forgot the artist who sung it.