Video: Kermit (Matt Vogel) and Fozzie (Eric Jacobson) in Muppet Thought of the Week

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch another performance of Kermit the Frog by Matt Vogel. This time Kermit's joined by Fozzie Bear in the Muppet Thought of the Week.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It's funny - after all these years, I still find Eric's Fozzie to be incredibly hot or miss.

Really liking Matt's Kermit, though, sounds even more like the Kermit I'd expect here. Starting to wonder if the "angry, depressed victim" side actually came from Steve, as it's yet to appear since he left; then again, we haven't gotten much, so I guess we'll see.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I agree Kermit sounds really really good in this video. Different to Steve but it sounds like a Kermit we should be seeing for a while
It's funny - after all these years, I still find Eric's Fozzie to be incredibly hot or miss.

Really liking Matt's Kermit, though, sounds even more like the Kermit I'd expect here. Starting to wonder if the "angry, depressed victim" side actually came from Steve, as it's yet to appear since he left; then again, we haven't gotten much, so I guess we'll see.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still find the voice to be a tad too deep and Ernie-ish than Kermit-esque.

And it's funny how I didn't hear a trace of Constantine in the first new MTOTW, but have been in ensuing video material.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Steve didn't knock it out of the park his first few go-rounds either.

We've heard, maybe, a minute at most of Matt's Kermit. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt/play devil's advocate/all that jazz and actually give him a chance to improve instead of shooting him down immediately.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm in no mean's immediately giving Matt a "yeah, he won't do good." For Kermit. Right now I don't think he's gotten the voice down just yet but I'm sure as the years go on he'll hopefully get the voice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A Kermit voice is always going to be hard to replicate mainly because Kermit's voice was always pretty much a variation of Jim's natural voice - so much so that Jim had said he'd had to be mindful not to lose Kermit's voice when performing because he ends up slipping back into his natural voice.