Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Here's one thing that annoys me about YouTube:

Those (obvious) annoying little kid comments where they just type one letter or spam a bunch of gibberish.
You know what's a bit sad about it? They're not just on children's videos like Sesame Street/Barney/Disney/etc., but also on videos that are clearly not meant for little children. I saw some today on one of the Whose Line Is It Anyway gag reels – which has over 10 million views, might I add – and it makes me feel a little sorry for the young kids who see those videos and leave those gibberish comments.

That's one reason why I have a disdain towards tablets and smartphones, because usually those kinds of comments come from those.

Did all of YouTube recently get a makeover?
Not all of it...just a few of the main pages like the home/watch/channel/playlist pages.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know what's a bit sad about it? They're not just on children's videos like Sesame Street/Barney/Disney/etc., but also on videos that are clearly not meant for little children. I saw some today on one of the Whose Line Is It Anyway gag reels – which has over 10 million views, might I add – and it makes me feel a little sorry for the young kids who see those videos and leave those gibberish comments.

That's one reason why I have a disdain towards tablets and smartphones, because usually those kinds of comments come from those.

Not all of it...just a few of the main pages like the home/watch/channel/playlist pages.
Even the new player looks like a mess now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's cause new age parents have no clue how to raise kids nowadays. Technology is the babysitter now. :rolleyes:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Here's one thing that annoys me about YouTube:

Those (obvious) annoying little kid comments where they just type one letter or spam a bunch of gibberish.
Yeah, I hate that. People (obviously babies on their mom's iPhone) always reply to me with random letters/numbers. Or, like D'Snowth said, just replying to you with your username and saying nothing else.

The only comments that annoy me more than those are the "first" and "early squad" comments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now YouTube has just done the absolutely dumbest and most ridiculous thing ever: they've done away with the tabs at the top of the homepage, so now the only thing you can see on the homepage is whatever they want you to see: recommended, breaking news, and channels they want you to subscribe to - there's absolutely no access to our subscriptions anymore whatsoever - so how are we even supposed to see/know whenever the channels we're subscribed to have even uploaded anything new, unless they just happen to show up on the homepage at totally random?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Going to be deleting my Dailymotion account now. Why? Because the videos that I liked keep on getting deleted.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This is not with YouTube, but with Google.

Why do I keep on getting a suspicious activity message along with a CAPTCHA?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now Dailymotion has jumped on the bandwagon, and their redesign is even worse than any of YouTube's redesigns, because at least when YouTube redesigns the site, everything still works (for the most part) . . . Dailymotion? The whole site doesn't work now. Try watching a video, you're taken to a blank white page with a black rectangle in the center (presumably the video), and nothing ever happens - the page just sits there and loads and loads and loads and nothing happens.