Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Same here. My mom actually still watches things like THE VIEW and THE TALK . . . who even still watches those shows anyway?

I don't mind late-night talk shows, but really, now that Dave Letterman is out of the picture, there really isn't a lot to hold my interest anymore. I do like Trevor Noah, however - that guy really tells it like it is, he really should get a network deal and get off cable.
....I think you possibly missed out Pig's Regular Show reference. :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Same here. My mom actually still watches things like THE VIEW and THE TALK . . . who even still watches those shows anyway?

I don't mind late-night talk shows, but really, now that Dave Letterman is out of the picture, there really isn't a lot to hold my interest anymore. I do like Trevor Noah, however - that guy really tells it like it is, he really should get a network deal and get off cable.
Yeah, I watch guys like Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon, but usually only if a celebrity I like is on it. Jimmy Kimmel grates on my nerves.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wanna know who else likes watching scripted talk shows?
MY MOM!
Lisa Landry of Sister, Sister. :smile:

I kind of have to agree with that. Even if it was Eric ad-libbing, the Miss Piggy I grew up with would never interrupt an interview like this. I just can't see her going "neh neh neh neh neh" like she did in this video.
Yeah it seems like Frank's :mad: was always the sweeter one. (Maybe if Frank was still performing Piggy, her smilie wouldn't be 'mad.' Lol.

Apparently even live TV has writers of some sort.
Yeah, that's something I noticed when I used to watch Hollywood Squares, I know that was a taped show rather than a live one, but bear with me on this. A lot of the celebrities did truly be trying to answer the question in order to help the contestants. (I know Rosie O'Donnel mentioned on her talk show she tried to do that when she was on the show.) But there are writers who supply the bluffs and the joke answers. So I understand how some shows can be partly written and partly ad-libbed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
....I think you possibly missed out Pig's Regular Show reference. :stick_out_tongue:
Never had a reason to watch that show.

Yeah, I watch guys like Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon, but usually only if a celebrity I like is on it. Jimmy Kimmel grates on my nerves.
I'm the reverse: I prefer Kimmel over Fallon (though Fallon shot up in awesome points with that Good Burger sketch that reunited Kenan and Kel for the first time in years).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I sensed that almost immediately - made it feel like a poor attempt at ripping them off.

One thing I will say in its favor though, is how often do you see a fictional character that's a blue jay?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
The Muppets on instagram posted what I believe to be a new image of the Newsman. It seems probable they were either filming video segments with him, or even rehearsing, so he might be the fifth confirmed recast for this show (joining Statler, Link, Beaker, and Kermit)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Muppets on instagram posted what I believe to be a new image of the Newsman. It seems probable they were either filming video segments with him, or even rehearsing, so he might be the fifth confirmed recast for this show (joining Statler, Link, Beaker, and Kermit)
Hm, I wonder who Beaker, the Newsman, and Link will be. I can honestly picture Peter Linz playing all of them. Well, maybe not so much the Newsman.