Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Newsman - I honestly don't know but given recent social media uploads he seems to be in the show so maybe Bill, Peter, or possibly even Eric.
Now that you mention it, Bill seems like a fair contender. When looking at Jim's version of the newsman, the voice was very similar to Waldorf, so if you wanted to stay consistent with the recasts, it would be Dave Goelz (but I know that won't be the case)

EDIT: I also just remembered that Beaker had an appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so whoever performed him there has likely been cast as him for almost a year now. Can't make out who it it, though.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On the subject of David Rudman as Beaker,

I could easily see that. But at the end of the day, it's really easy just to imitate him saying "MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP" over and over.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Since he has done well with Guy Smiley I would not be to surprised if Eric took over The Newsman.
It's totally possible, but that depends how...erm, accurate to his last portrayal Disney wants the character to be. IMO, Eric Jacobson as Guy Smiley was a drastic change in the character's voice. Obviously, now we've adjusted, but it was quite a shock to the senses when his new voice first debuted. I feel like it would be the same with the Newsman (no offense to Eric).