Questions about anything

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So I found this fantastic video of Rod from Avenue Q singing songs made famous by women. The only songs I was familiar when I first saw it were Part of Your World, Somewhere Over The Rainbow and Defying Gravity. Than I did Google searches, and found out some of the other songs People, Thank you for Being a Friend, and Don't Rain on My Parade. Can someone please tell me the names of the other songs?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not that people prefer nostalgia over originality, it's that the big wigs of Hollywood don't want to take a risk on investing in something original and have it flop and be all for naught; they'd rather play it safe and rehash what's worked for them in the past.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I mean, yes, there's both good and bad things about all the rebooting, but I just feel it would be neater to see a movie or show that's more original and fresh instead of just plain rebooting a movie that was successful in the past, like Frozen. I don't want to see Disney being like, "We're running out of ideas...hey, why don't we reboot a successful animated film from years ago!" so much, and they're already redoing the Aladdin and The Lion King films as live-action versions. They may work out well in the near future, but with all the recent reboots of various films and shows the last few years, I kind of would prefer seeing something fresh.

I understand your point, though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I mean, yes, there's both good and bad things about all the rebooting, but I just feel it would be neater to see a movie or show that's more original and fresh instead of just plain rebooting a movie that was successful in the past, like Frozen. I don't want to see Disney being like, "We're running out of ideas...hey, why don't we reboot a successful animated film from years ago!" so much, and they're already redoing the Aladdin and The Lion King films as live-action versions. They may work out well in the near future, but with all the recent reboots of various films and shows the last few years, I kind of would prefer seeing something fresh.

I understand your point, though.
Those examples are obviously remakes, not reboots. Reboots are for stuff like superhero or horror films.

Schfifty

Reaction score
In the first Evil Dead movie, why are Richard DeManincor and Theresa Tilly credited as Hal Delrich and Sarah York? Did they just not want to be credited with their real names, unlike the other three?