Sesame Street will continue to air on re-branded Sprout Channel

mariolover

Reaction score
That's so sad.

I grew up watching Sesame Street on PBS Kids Sprout.

What a shame.
I grew up watching Sesame Street on PBS Kids Sprout as well (I only watched the older episodes for the most part). I stopped watching Sesame Street on Sprout when they were only showing episodes from Season 40 and beyond because the newer episodes of Sesame Street suck in my opinion. I'm still kind of sad about it because those episodes are rare and difficult to find nowadays and I would like to see the episodes that I remember seeing when I was younger again. Although thankfully MattAKASchfiftyThree has all of Season 30 and most of Season 31 on VHS (He's missing episodes 3899, 3911, and 3912) so hopefully I can find a copy of those episodes someday. Watching those episodes on his YouTube channel bring back fun memories and make me happy.

oknazevad

Reaction score
So no more Sprout then?
The network is now Universal Kids, Sprout survives as the name of the midday preschool block. Notably, Chica the Chicken has gone off to kindergarten, and so will make only occasional appearances, while a new talking dog puppet named Snug co-hosts the wraparound segments from the Sprout House (which is a new, tiny set).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The network is now Universal Kids, Sprout survives as the name of the midday preschool block. Notably, Chica the Chicken has gone off to kindergarten, and so will make only occasional appearances, while a new talking dog puppet named Snug co-hosts the wraparound segments from the Sprout House (which is a new, tiny set).
So Sprout is still around, but just as a block.