Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly though I don't get why people keep assuming that Lefty was removed because of complaints from parents and whatnot. There's literally been nothing to back that up.

I think he just vanished if anything.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Honestly though I don't get why people keep assuming that Lefty was removed because of complaints from parents and whatnot. There's literally been nothing to back that up.

Ssshh, that's what they want you to think. Really, he was taken out by the mob.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Always the killjoy. :stick_out_tongue:

But in seriousness, you mean because Big Bird won't be there, or because they're advertising free kids? Because it's clear Caroll wouldn't be able to do anything as Big Bird as far as appearances are concerned, and because giving away kids for free is rather disturbing.
I think "Meet the Cast of Sesame" and a photo of the Muppet implies the actual Muppets will be there (when at the most, Caroll will have Oscar), not the humans.

Because there's a lot of fans with little to no grasp of reality. "X character was banned" or "X segment is kept in the archives forever" is all a bunch of hooey, but it's the only logical conclusion they can get to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Because there's a lot of fans with little to no grasp of reality. "X character was banned" or "X segment is kept in the archives forever" is all a bunch of hooey, but it's the only logical conclusion they can get to.
So I've noticed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, as far as I can tell Roosevelt Franklin is the only character that left due to some controversy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wasn't so much a controversy as it was the producers becoming concerned that he was portraying a negative stereotype of a rowdy class clown (because he was explicitly black), which . . . well, I don't know. Looking at the old Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School inserts, I really didn't pick up on that at all . . . the inserts were, indeed, educational, and if anything, he was really the sanest one of his classmates that I recall.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It wasn't so much a controversy as it was the producers becoming concerned that he was portraying a negative stereotype of a rowdy class clown (because he was explicitly black), which . . . well, I don't know. Looking at the old Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School inserts, I really didn't pick up on that at all . . . the inserts were, indeed, educational, and if anything, he was really the sanest one of his classmates that I recall.
Yeah, he was basically a child prodigy teacher (or at least a really good tutor). Seems like a really good role model to me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. If anything else, his classmates were the rowdy ones, flying paper airplanes and tossing crumbled balls everywhere. Heck, when Hard Head Henry Harris and Smart Tina were beginning a fight, Roosevelt just excused himself out of the room.