Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

cjd874

Reaction score
I don't think it was "instead of," I think she participated in a workshop while already as being Maria. Kind of like how she also eventually became a writer on the show in addition to being Maria.
Ahh! Got it. I could see the human cast members being required to take a puppetry workshop so that they understand how the puppeteers bring Grover, the Count, and company to life. Then they'd be able to relate to them more and make the acting seem more believable to the TV viewers.

If I recall, some of the cast members and staff have talked about the Muppet/Kid Moments featuring John-John, Polly, Shola, and Fannie. The kids didn't have the same issue that the adults had: they talked directly to Herry, Ernie, Bert, and Kermit. They believed that the characters were real, and they didn't notice the puppeteers below them. On the other hand, the adults knew that they were talking to a puppet and couldn't always focus, as famously chronicled by Sonia's first time working with Frank Oz and Grover. (Gee, maybe she took the puppetry workshop after that bit.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently the world is going to end (again) next Saturday. Guess I won't get to meet the cast after all. :smirk:

Schfifty

Reaction score
What do you mean? Weren't they going to be there the 6th through 8th still?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but if the world ends before then, nobody will even be there. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The world is not going to end. I don't believe in that stuff.