Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Aw, come on, folks, please give Disney permission to do a TV show...

Seriously, no matter what Disney decides to do, I'm sure they have a lot of great ideas for the Muppets in 2018 and whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it and will give my full support.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It's not that people don't want another TV show, they just don't think there's been enough time for Matt to adjust to the role of Kermit and the rest of the fandom to adjust to Steve's departure.

And if Disney has a lot of good ideas, why was the muppets. such a flop?

Censored

Reaction score
It's not that people don't want another TV show, they just don't think there's been enough time for Matt to adjust to the role of Kermit and the rest of the fandom to adjust to Steve's departure.
Or want enough time to pass so it won't make Matt look too good?

Censored

Reaction score
Better yet: if Disney has a lot of good ideas, why did almost every pre-2011 Muppet project end up shelved?
Again, to keep the peace, I won't say my hypothesis. Still, I'm talking about Disney now, not Disney in the past. I am interested to see what the future holds and, as a Muppet fan, I will of course be supportive.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Seriously, no matter what Disney decides to do, I'm sure they have a lot of great ideas for the Muppets in 2018 and whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it and will give my full support.
Something I can agree with you on! I will have full support, and looking forward to new projects.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Again, to keep the peace, I won't say my hypothesis. Still, I'm talking about Disney now, not Disney in the past. I am interested to see what the future holds and, as a Muppet fan, I will of course be supportive.
So everything comes back to Steve with you huh? I'm not a blind follower of Steve I am in between, but it sounds like you really don't like Steve after reading the hundreds of pages over the months. So you must be happy at least..

Censored

Reaction score
So everything comes back to Steve with you huh? I'm not a blind follower of Steve I am in between, but it sounds like you really don't like Steve after reading the hundreds of pages over the months. So you must be happy at least..
It's more about clearing the good name of the Hensons and not wanting their reputation to be unfairly tarnished (and recognizing Matt's talent and not wanting him to be scapegoated).