Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's more about clearing the good name of the Hensons and not wanting their reputation to be unfairly tarnished (and recognizing Matt's talent and not wanting him to be scapegoated).
Yet, at the same time, you seem totally willing to have Steve's reputation "unfairly" tarnished and for him to be used as a scapegoat.

And I say "unfairly" in quotation marks, because I'm still unsure about how truthful/honest he's being about his side of the story.

Censored

Reaction score
Yet, at the same time, you seem totally willing to have Steve's reputation "unfairly" tarnished and for him to be used as a scapegoat.

And I say "unfairly" in quotation marks, because I'm still unsure about how truthful/honest he's being about his side of the story.
Nope. Just defending the others.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
It's more about clearing the good name of the Hensons and not wanting their reputation to be unfairly tarnished (and recognizing Matt's talent and not wanting him to be scapegoated).
I think we all recognize Matts talent so that one you can stop repeating. Nobody is trying to scapegoat him. Of course I can't say that for everyone on the forum but, most of us love Matt and he is a tremondesly talented performer and a great guy! Same thing with the Hensons, again I can't say that for everyone on the forum but this whole story with Steve has left everyone confused because there's no actual truth as to what happened. Just two sides of the story and both of them are probably not telling the entire truth.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I'm not getting into an argument with anyone cause it is me who gets into trouble so I'll just say my piece.

I don't want a new show. I love seeing new Muppet things as most of you do. But the fact is unless it is a carbon copy of the Muppet show nobody will watch and it will be canned like Muppets tonight and the 2015 show and be back to square one just like last year.

But if you want a new show that is up to you. But I'm saying what i think is best for these performers and the franchise

Censored

Reaction score
I think we all recognize Matts talent so that one you can stop repeating. Nobody is trying to scapegoat him. Of course I can't say that for everyone on the forum but, most of us love Matt and he is a tremondesly talented performer and a great guy! Same thing with the Hensons, again I can't say that for everyone on the forum but this whole story with Steve has left everyone confused because there's no actual truth as to what happened. Just two sides of the story and both of them are probably not telling the entire truth.
Sometimes it's not so much about telling the truth, it's about perception. Steve probably didn't perceive that his actions were a problem, but many others obviously did. And as some other member pointed out, there were numerous sources making the same complaints about Steve, which strengthens their case, conspiracy theories aside of course.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Sometimes it's not so much about telling the truth, it's about perception. Steve probably didn't perceive that his actions were a problem, but many others obviously did. And as some other member pointed out, there were numerous sources making the same complaints about Steve, which strengthens their case, conspiracy theories aside of course.

That I understand as I've said before I'm in between. The only thing that still rubs me the wrong way is they tried to offer him a Disney Legend award and to say he's "retired from the muppets" and all he had to do to was to sign a NDA. That's just super sketch and I'm glad he didn't!

Censored

Reaction score
That I understand as I've said before I'm in between. The only thing that still rubs me the wrong way is they tried to offer him a Disney Legend award and to say he's "retired from the muppets" and all he had to do to was to sign a NDA. That's just super sketch and I'm glad he didn't!
They were trying to save him embarrassment.