Muppet Fan Confessions

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, I was always bugged by the fact that the songs "Four" and "With Every Beat of my Heart" from Little Jerry and the Monotones use the exact same melody and vocal range.

I get that Jeff Moss did make some of his other songs sound similar (like Proud, I'm Gonna Always Love You from the Muppets Take Manhatten and argubaly Mountain of Love), and I get that both Little Jerry songs are album only songs, but come on, man. It just feels like laziness and at least the other songs mentioned have different meldoies and vocal ranges.

Not to mention, I was bugged by how high and whiney Little Jerry's voice sounded, and that's one thing I didn't like what Jerry Nelson did in the songs "Proud", "Sad", "Surprise" and the album version of "Telephone Rock."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
With that music style, it's fairly common to find songs that have similar, if not the same, melody.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not to mention, the show has a lot of songs each season, so i'm sure it's hard to have to come up with something that sounds original every time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
With that music style, it's fairly common to find songs that have similar, if not the same, melody.
Not to mention, the show has a lot of songs each season, so i'm sure it's hard to have to come up with something that sounds original every time.
Yeah, that's true, I suppose.

Guess I gotta keep reminding myself they are songs made for kids, but sometimes it doesn't help when said show also has a tone of humor that teens/adults find and can enjoy from the creativity of Jim Henson's magic.

I'll at least give Jeff Moss props for making some great songs for both Sesame Street and the Muppets even if some had (literally) the same melody that we all can enjoy as adults, unlike some artists out there like, oh, I dunno, Taylor Swift and Adele with their repetitive, annoying, sob story pop songs.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually remember as a kid wishing How Now Brown and the Moo Wave did more songs, even if their music videos could be a bit.... Unnerving (namely "Wet Paint").

Granted, while their whole schtick was to parody then-current 1980's MTV new wave rock music video with trippy visual effects, I actually do wonder to this day if it's possible the Workshop may have considered giving them more potential music videos into at least 2 more seasons (seasons 17 and 18) or just decided to make them one-seasons (since other characters like the Oinker Sisters and Billy Idle appeared in music video-styled songs.... If you want to argue Rebel L as one).

Furbelle

Reaction score
I actually remember as a kid wishing How Now Brown and the Moo Wave did more songs, even if their music videos could be a bit.... Unnerving (namely "Wet Paint").
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Theres alot of "Muppet bands" that it would have been cool to see more of, but I guess a one time thing is better than none. Oh well, we can always wonder...

Also, I feel better knowing I wasnt the only one kinda freaked out by "Wet Paint".