*Ask AfricAnimalAZ Anything*

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Favorite and least favorite Muppet performers? Why?
Favorite Muppet Performers & Reasons:

Steve - Where do I begin?...What's not to like about about him/his characters? He has a way of making them likable as evidenced in multiple Muppet works over the years. He's really grown as a performer within that time frame. Who else was the first to "wemble"? With that, he's an incomparable singer and in terms of Muppet voices, his vocal range is very versatile. I could say more, but I'll keep it short. *There may be more to come later, though... : ) :smile: :shifty: :eek: :boo: :news: :stick_out_tongue: :coy: :drool:

Jerry - Jerry's characters were/are also very likable. He brought so much depth and humor into them (I like to think of him as the 'comedian' of the first-generation core group). Were it not for him, we wouldn't have been given the Count, Floyd, Gobo, the Trash Heap, Ma Bear, etc. :batty: :sing: :smirk:

Jim - He was the original Kermit and let's not forget that HE brought the Muppets and other priceless characters/works into existence. To add to that, not many can speak "Mock Swedish" as flawlessly as he did!:jim: :hungry: :smile:

Frank - He performed characters like Fozzie, Sam Eagle, Bert, and Cookie Monster. Plus, he values his characters so much he refuses to do voices on request - I profoundly respect him for that. :embarrassed: :attitude: :frown: :insatiable:

* Dave G. and Richard at a close fifth and sixth - Without them, the 'Trash Heap would not have spoken'. *Insert Philo and Gunge smilies here*

Caroll - He's responsible for Sesame's Big Bird and Oscar, two of the first Muppets I ever encountered in childhood. :wisdom: :grouchy:

Least Favorite Performers: I don't think there are any least favorites in my case, as they're all very talented, so N/A.

**R.I.P. Jim, Jerry, and Richard**

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Favorite music genre? Thoughts on metal?
Favorite Music genre: Different genres from different times, mostly '80's pop, rock, pop-rock, some 2000's-2010's pop/rock songs (only about four or five), some foreign music, songs from classic animated films, which are primarily pop. That seems to about cover it - then again, I still listen to new music once in a while. Likes and dislikes continuously change.

*Also, not sure if it would count to answer the first question, but I have listened to some stuff from the '60s and '70s.

Thoughts on metal: Initially, I didn't think much about metal as I never saw myself listening to it then. Fast-forward to recent years, sometime between 2015-2016, I explored older music, which included stuff from the '70s (as I stated above). Now, as you might know, a certain metal singer was big at the time - this same person also guest starred on Season 3, Episode 7 of 'The Muppet Show'. He is credited as the founder of shock rock. He's none other than...

If I've ever liked any metal music, then it was his. There was just something 'different' about Alice...more than the snake eyes. These days, though, I don't really listen to Alice let alone metal that much, but it's possible I might come back to him (and/or that genre altogether). Additionally, I still watch his documentary at least once a year - the backstory of how he came to be who he is today is interesting and somewhat inspiring.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Favorite Music genre: Different genres from different times, mostly '80's pop, rock, pop-rock, some 2000's-2010's pop/rock songs (only about four or five), some foreign music, songs from classic animated films, which are primarily pop. That seems to about cover it - then again, I still listen to new music once in a while. Likes and dislikes continuously change.

*Also, not sure if it would count to answer the first question, but I have listened to some stuff from the '60s and '70s.

Thoughts on metal: Initially, I didn't think much about metal as I never saw myself listening to it then. Fast-forward to recent years, sometime between 2015-2016, I explored older music, which included stuff from the '70s (as I stated above). Now, as you might know, a certain metal singer was big at the time - this same person also guest starred on Season 3, Episode 7 of 'The Muppet Show'. He is credited as the founder of shock rock. He's none other than...

If I've ever liked any metal music, then it was his. There was just something 'different' about Alice...more than the snake eyes. These days, though, I don't really listen to Alice let alone metal that much, but it's possible I might come back to him (and/or that genre altogether). Additionally, I still watch his documentary at least once a year - the backstory of how he came to be who he is today is interesting and somewhat inspiring.
Well Alice is technically hard rock that became influential in the metal scene, not technically metal. But that's going too much into it. :stick_out_tongue: Cool beans.

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Well Alice is technically hard rock that became influential in the metal scene, not technically metal. But that's going too much into it. :stick_out_tongue: Cool beans.
Looks like there's still quite a bit for me to learn, in life and in terms of music. : )

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Looks like there's still quite a bit for me to learn, in life and in terms of music. : )
Yeah, it's not a big deal. He influenced metal but if you wanna be technical he's hard rock. Still a great musician though, and one of the best guest stars on The Muppet Show, lol.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
If you could ask the Electric Mayhem ANYTHING, what would you ask??

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Do you play any instruments?

Played the violin many years ago and still keep it. Tried the guitar, but fingers hurt. I'll occasionally play the piano when there's a song I really want to learn, but then the interest fades, I find it boring, and stop for a while. To answer the question, yes, I play instruments sometimes, but whenever I do, it's mostly the piano. To add to that, I'm nowhere near musically gifted, so when I attempt to play a song, it's by ear.

*On the other hand, I've recently been thinking of going back to the piano for more than a few days now, so...if there's music to be made again, then it could happen maybe today, tomorrow, the day after, or when I finally get to it - we'll see. : )