The New Am I The Only One Thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets super bugged when people post their sob stories online, especially when it's done on a regular basis?

Not that people don't have the right to have depression because of what's happened to them, but when I see people post personal depressing stories online all the time and try and get people to be sympathetic for them, I just roll my eyes and end up taking them off my social media accounts.

Like, basically statuses like "Nobody understands what I go through!" Or "I can never find the right someone!" And granted, I vent about stuff online myself, but if it's a personal issue, that's where I refuse to share it to the public. At the end of the day, stuff like this I feel like should only be discussed with people you trust, like a therapist or a close friend, etc.
I usually only vent when I'm ready to explode. Stuff like "waaaaaahhhhh, I broke a nail! My life is over!" is pretty stupid, I think. Then again, someone may think my complaining about my schoolwork is also stupid, but sometimes, you just gotta vent.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I usually only vent when I'm ready to explode. Stuff like "waaaaaahhhhh, I broke a nail! My life is over!" is pretty stupid, I think. Then again, someone may think my complaining about my schoolwork is also stupid, but sometimes, you just gotta vent.
Yeah, I mean, if it's just something quick and simple like "Ugh.... Finals coming up." That's fine. Just getting something off your chest. But posting stuff like what you just described is where I just roll my eyes (the nail breaking).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is pretty much what YouTube is reduced to. More than half of trending videos anymore is people sitting around whining about their lives: "Oh, I have anxiety," "Oh, I'm getting divorced," "Oh, I had a car accident," Oh, I need more subscribers, even though I already have millions."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is pretty much what YouTube is reduced to. More than half of trending videos anymore is people sitting around whining about their lives: "Oh, I have anxiety," "Oh, I'm getting divorced," "Oh, I had a car accident," Oh, I need more subscribers, even though I already have millions."
And it's people like them that should go out and discuss these issues to counceler's and other people they trust. Posting on social media publicly is just asking for more trouble because you're just asking to be made fun of.

YouTube is a place to show your creativity be it rants, reviews, serial shorts, etc or uploading copyright content under the radar, not to express how much your life sucks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube is a place to show your creativity be it rants, reviews, serial shorts, etc or uploading copyright content under the radar, not to express how much your life sucks.
Exactly, but these are the people who seem to have taken over YouTube, and they're also the ones ruining YouTube for other people who put time, work, and effort into their creativity.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Exactly, but these are the people who seem to have taken over YouTube, and they're also the ones ruining YouTube for other people who put time, work, and effort into their creativity.
Yup!

Really makes me miss the days from 2006 (when I first discovered it) to 2008 - 2009 I feel like was the start of the downfall and then it got worse as the decade progressed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The start of the downfall was the summer of 2009, because that's when Google's tyranny began kicking, but the clincher was 2013 when they shifted more focus onto videos they want you to watch, and channels they want you to subscribe to, rather than letting us just simply watch the videos from the channels we're subscribed to. Even now, they've turned accessing our subscriptions into a two-click process (this after turning it into a one-click process in 2013, where it was always the first thing we'd see on our homepage whenever we'd login prior to that).

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
What I hate about YouTube is that you watch a video, even if you accidentally clicked on it, and they "recommend" similar videos, even though you may hate what they recommend. I get recommendations for "MLP: Friendship is Magic" just because I look up commercials for the original 1980's My Little Pony, and that bugs me because I don't like FiM at all.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What I hate about YouTube is that you watch a video, even if you accidentally clicked on it, and they "recommend" similar videos, even though you may hate what they recommend. I get recommendations for "MLP: Friendship is Magic" just because I look up commercials for the original 1980's My Little Pony, and that bugs me because I don't like FiM at all.
That's why I don't even go on YouTube everyday. I go on other sites like Dailymotion instead.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
That's why I don't even go on YouTube everyday. I go on other sites like Dailymotion instead.
That's where I have an issue. I was watching Fraggle Rock on DailyMotion and the episode was interrupted by an ad for the new MLP:FiM movie coming out in October (on my mom's birthday, yet!) I can't get away from that show! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!