Most Obnoxious Fandoms

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMG, GLEE was a horrible show! There's so many songs I can't listen to anymore because they killed them for me (Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" tops the list - I can't listen to that song without hearing their shrilly, grating refrain in the back of my mind like fingernails on a chalkboard). And everybody gushed about how the show was "so different" from everything else on TV, but you take away the musical aspect of it, and it's pretty much just like the same old junk that's been on TV for the past twentysomething years. And this show was un-canceled twice! And once because a castmember died, so they were un-canceled so they could take the Mr. Hooper route and do a farewell episode killing off the character with the castmember . . . I've never seen any other show un-canceled for a reason like that. I mean EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND didn't get un-canceled so Ray and Robert could react to Marie dying.

Of course, my mad-on with GLEE is also a little more personal as well: it came out during a time when I was developing my own musical sitcom (with puppets), and not only did GLEE become a smash, but it made TV musicals popular again, and it got to a point where musicals were all over TV, so it felt like now if this show of mine ever got off the ground it would look like I was trying too hard to exploit a popular format to try to be relevant. That's not the first or only time such a thing has happened with me before. That Emily Blunt movie THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU is very similar to a movie idea I had years earlier as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
OMG, GLEE was a horrible show! There's so many songs I can't listen to anymore because they killed them for me (Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" tops the list - I can't listen to that song without hearing their shrilly, grating refrain in the back of my mind like fingernails on a chalkboard). And everybody gushed about how the show was "so different" from everything else on TV, but you take away the musical aspect of it, and it's pretty much just like the same old junk that's been on TV for the past twentysomething years. And this show was un-canceled twice! And once because a castmember died, so they were un-canceled so they could take the Mr. Hooper route and do a farewell episode killing off the character with the castmember . . . I've never seen any other show un-canceled for a reason like that. I mean EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND didn't get un-canceled so Ray and Robert could react to Marie dying.

Of course, my mad-on with GLEE is also a little more personal as well: it came out during a time when I was developing my own musical sitcom (with puppets), and not only did GLEE become a smash, but it made TV musicals popular again, and it got to a point where musicals were all over TV, so it felt like now if this show of mine ever got off the ground it would look like I was trying too hard to exploit a popular format to try to be relevant. That's not the first or only time such a thing has happened with me before. That Emily Blunt movie THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU is very similar to a movie idea I had years earlier as well.
Glee, like Heroes, was one of those shows that started off too strong in the ratings and fizzled out over time, and eventually even the fans stopped caring about it. I know the Rowdy Reviewer liked the first two seasons, but he grew more and more infuriated about the constant reset buttons and character derailments as he went on reviewing it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Drtooth was the one who said it best when he said whereas the Chipmunks could take a bad song and actually make it good, Glee could take a bad song and actually make it ever worse.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
True story, there was a kid in my grade who I'm SO glad I no longer have any contact with because I'm just going to straight up say he's a f***ing cowardly p***y that just complains about ANYTHING that doesn't go his way and can never learn to let it go and has no idea how the real world really works.

But anyway, he would not STFU about Glee, and if you ask me, once you become a fan of that show, it completely changes your personality.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But anyway, he would not STFU about Glee, and if you ask me, once you become a fan of that show, it completely changes your personality.
I used to have that same problem when I was a kid . . . but it was partly because there were certain shows I liked that everybody else hated, and I really had no one else to talk with about them - like ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE or COW AND CHICKEN.

(Yes, despite both of their current popularity for 90s nostalgia, both of these shows were pretty much hated when they were originally on).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Eh, I can see why with the crude sense of humor.

Cow and Chicken was okay. Wasn't my favorite back in the day but it was a decent show. Just had a slight watered-down Ren and Stimpy feel.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
glee yuck, who ever thought of that crappy show, should be kicked in the face.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Conversely, when I was a kid, everybody else would not STFU about SpongeBob, and even then I hated that show.

You know how all these bigots keep telling the so-called SJWs to "get out of our country if you don't like it here"? That's pretty much what it was like back then: if you didn't like SpongeBob, you might as well just leave society altogether.