Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Even if I have personal problems with KSY, I actually like Muppets From Space and all the Direct to DVD Movies.

And I do enjoy Muppets Tonight, but some things I didn't like.

Also I got into The Muppets because of D.C. Almost Live and still enjoy it..

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I also liked KSY. This is pretty much me in a nutshell. What I like, the general consensus (and critics) don't, and what I dislike, the general consensus (and critics) do. This doesn't apply to everything under the sun, it's just somethimes how I feel.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
And that, my friends, is how The Apparition became one of my favorite Maiden songs despite everyone else saying it's the worst.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Also I got into The Muppets because of D.C. Almost Live and still enjoy it..
Well, as bad as it is, I do have an odd sense of nostalgia towards it just because it was my first time seeing a new Muppet special and one of the few things the characters were doing at the time. So I didn't complain.
And that, my friends, is how The Apparition became one of my favorite Maiden songs despite everyone else saying it's the worst.
Booooo! You have an unpopular opinion! Throw him off the face of the internet before his individuality spreads. Hisssssssssssssssssssss.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, in my case, I see things from different perspectives than most people do, much like Jim himself.

For example: the general consensus of the SUPER MARIO BROS. movie was that it sucked because of poor casting decisions (hey, I really like Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo), lackluster acting (okay, I'll agree Dennis Hopper wasn't at the top of his game), awkward writing, and not even staying completely true to the source material (not that the source material had much to work with anyway) . . . but it's actually one of my top personal movies that I love that everybody hates. I love it because I think it was a really creative and imaginative movie . . . the fact the filmmakers virtually built an entire city inside an abandoned cement factory is pretty impressive, and while the characters may have been either over the top or about as interesting as a bag of air, the interactions were amusing and humor (especially with Koopa's bumbling henchcousins). Lastly, sure, the Goombas looked nothing like the actual Goombas from the Mario games, and Yoshi was a realistic-looking mini-dino, the animatronics were really neat, and almost look like if the Creature Shop and the Chiodo Bros. got together to create them for this movie. And hey, even some of the cheesiest aspects of the movie are, to me, some of the coolest moments: Toad being a street musician, Mario and the missing Brooklyn girls riding a mattress inside a giant air duct, and again, even Koopa's bumbling henchcousins provide quite a bit of comic relief.

With all that being said, I can understand why gamers would have issues with the movie (and I heartell even Nintendo hated it so much they never again allowed any of their properties to be turned into live-action movies), but considering I'm not much of a gamer myself, I can have a better appreciation of the movie for what it is as opposed to what it isn't. Now, perhaps if they took something where the source material made a little more sense and had more content to work with, such as Zelda, then we probably could have had a more generally pleasing movie . . . in fact, I really wouldn't mind seeing Zelda turned into a live-action movie.

But again, it all boils down to what the general public goes for . . . take DC, for example: Jim clearly saw the entire movie in his head, so he was really the only one who understood it from all angles, and because he was advancing the art of puppetry even further beyond traditional Muppets, he underestimated the public's expectations of a comprehensible story to follow . . . unfortunately, Jim felt the artistic advances would make up for lack of story, but that doesn't work with the general public.

gravy

Reaction score
To be fair, in my case, I see things from different perspectives than most people do, much like Jim himself.

For example: the general consensus of the SUPER MARIO BROS. movie was that it sucked because of poor casting decisions (hey, I really like Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo), lackluster acting (okay, I'll agree Dennis Hopper wasn't at the top of his game), awkward writing, and not even staying completely true to the source material (not that the source material had much to work with anyway) . . . but it's actually one of my top personal movies that I love that everybody hates. I love it because I think it was a really creative and imaginative movie . . . the fact the filmmakers virtually built an entire city inside an abandoned cement factory is pretty impressive, and while the characters may have been either over the top or about as interesting as a bag of air, the interactions were amusing and humor (especially with Koopa's bumbling henchcousins). Lastly, sure, the Goombas looked nothing like the actual Goombas from the Mario games, and Yoshi was a realistic-looking mini-dino, the animatronics were really neat, and almost look like if the Creature Shop and the Chiodo Bros. got together to create them for this movie. And hey, even some of the cheesiest aspects of the movie are, to me, some of the coolest moments: Toad being a street musician, Mario and the missing Brooklyn girls riding a mattress inside a giant air duct, and again, even Koopa's bumbling henchcousins provide quite a bit of comic relief.

With all that being said, I can understand why gamers would have issues with the movie (and I heartell even Nintendo hated it so much they never again allowed any of their properties to be turned into live-action movies), but considering I'm not much of a gamer myself, I can have a better appreciation of the movie for what it is as opposed to what it isn't. Now, perhaps if they took something where the source material made a little more sense and had more content to work with, such as Zelda, then we probably could have had a more generally pleasing movie . . . in fact, I really wouldn't mind seeing Zelda turned into a live-action movie.

But again, it all boils down to what the general public goes for . . . take DC, for example: Jim clearly saw the entire movie in his head, so he was really the only one who understood it from all angles, and because he was advancing the art of puppetry even further beyond traditional Muppets, he underestimated the public's expectations of a comprehensible story to follow . . . unfortunately, Jim felt the artistic advances would make up for lack of story, but that doesn't work with the general public.
Huh?

Old Thunder

Reaction score

Me like things others don't.
It was so simple dude. So simple.