Milo Murphy's Law: Upcoming Disney XD Cartoon series

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, new episodes are finally coming out this month. If you have full access to Watch Disney XD, you can see the majority of the new episodes now.

I'm not 100% enthralled by it yet, though and I can't really articulate why. It seems kind unfocused. "Secrets and Pies" has probably the loosest / "what's the point" plot of the ones I've watched so far.

And like, I get that they're trying to make a new Perry/Doof thing out of those Pistachio guys, but they literally don't tie into anything most of the time. Perry and Doof had ties to the family outside of the "whatever evil scheme he's doing somehow wipes out the kids' invention by the end of the episode" shtick. Here, they're just doing their own thing that gets affect by Milo and sometimes vice verse, but not enough to justify it.

P&F was formulaic, yes, but that at least gave them a road map of how their episodes would work. MML has the freedom to do literally anything and it doesn't seem to be working.

snichols1973

Reaction score
As of the "Time Out" episode, Balthazar Cavendish [the stuffy British steampunk-styled agent] has been Flanderized into believing that Milo Murphy is a counteragent sent to thwart the pistachio-guarding mission. It seems remarkably similar to Candace's relentless pursuit of busting Phineas and Ferb, which is somewhat understandable, since P&F and Milo Murphy's Law were both created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As of the "Time Out" episode, Balthazar Cavendish [the stuffy British steampunk-styled agent] has been Flanderized into believing that Milo Murphy is a counteragent sent to thwart the pistachio-guarding mission. It seems remarkably similar to Candace's relentless pursuit of busting Phineas and Ferb, which is somewhat understandable, since P&F and Milo Murphy's Law were both created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh...
I wouldn't say one can "Flanderize" a character within the first few episodes of a series.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And besides, it actually ties them directly into Milo's stories, rather than just sort of happening on the sidelines without affecting the plot at all like they had them do in a few episodes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked how they just had an episode explaining the oft-mentioned "Llama incident" that was even seen in the intro, and that we know what kind of dog breed Diogee is (he's a llamadog, whose herding instincts Milo helps to use to save the day). Was Carl Wheezer secretly the head writer for that ep.? :big_grin:

Also, in another past episode, they showed that the town is called "Swamp City", and that it appears to neighbor Danville from P&F, further cementing MML's status as being in the same universe as that show. Maybe we could see Cavendish and Dakota come across Doofenshmirtz, or even show Diogee as a member of OWCA alongside Perry the Platypus? :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was quite a season finale. I really liked the time-travel adventure Milo had with Cavendish and Dakota, who are also bound to be future allies. There's also a new antagonist in the form of a pistachio mutant inadvertently created by some green pistachio growth substance from the episode "The Substitute", and he's voiced by Rhys Darby, who's been in a lot of stuff lately. We even see that C&D were the inspiration behind the main characters of Doctor Zone.

Also, we're getting a crossover between MML and Phineas & Ferb for next year, as I predicted. Perhaps Diogee would join O.W.C.A.? :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/milo-murphys-law-phineas-ferb-crossover-is-coming-1022459

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That was quite a season finale. I really liked the time-travel adventure Milo had with Cavendish and Dakota, who are also bound to be future allies. There's also a new antagonist in the form of a pistachio mutant inadvertently created by some green pistachio growth substance from the episode "The Substitute", and he's voiced by Rhys Darby, who's been in a lot of stuff lately. We even see that C&D were the inspiration behind the main characters of Doctor Zone.

Also, we're getting a crossover between MML and Phineas & Ferb for next year, as I predicted. Perhaps Diogee would join O.W.C.A.? :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/milo-murphys-law-phineas-ferb-crossover-is-coming-1022459
Candace:MOM! Phineas and Ferb are doing a crossover with some show I've never heard of.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So Phineas & Ferb is coming back after all?
I don't think so, just a crossover. And I don't think it should come back, either. If it ran for any longer, it would probably go through seasonal rot like SpongeBob and Family Guy.

(Though I personally would like to see a spinoff show about Perry, Doof, and the agents of OWCA, but that's just me.)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't think so, just a crossover. And I don't think it should come back, either. If it ran for any longer, it would probably go through seasonal rot like SpongeBob and Family Guy.

(Though I personally would like to see a spinoff show about Perry, Doof, and the agents of OWCA, but that's just me.)
Why?