Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the comments, somebody said that the "Ernie and the candy salesman" sketch was included in a video compilation on the official Sesame Street YouTube channel but that it had been deleted. Too bad he didn't say which one (and I didn't think Sesame Workshop would delete those "collection" compilations they post). I wonder how many people here actually pay attention to those collections. I've glanced through some, but I never really expected those to have any clips that otherwise weren't available online via Sesame Workshop.

I feel like Ernie's closing line, "I never really liked pumpkin seed candy anyway", is kind of stupid. I mean, it should be obvious by the fact that he keeps saying that he gets disgusted by it. Of course I always thought it was odd that he'd buy the smallest piece due to the fact that he can't see it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the comments, somebody said that the "Ernie and the candy salesman" sketch was included in a video compilation on the official Sesame Street YouTube channel but that it had been deleted. Too bad he didn't say which one (and I didn't think Sesame Workshop would delete those "collection" compilations they post). I wonder how many people here actually pay attention to those collections. I've glanced through some, but I never really expected those to have any clips that otherwise weren't available online via Sesame Workshop.

I feel like Ernie's closing line, "I never really liked pumpkin seed candy anyway", is kind of stupid. I mean, it should be obvious by the fact that he keeps saying that he gets disgusted by it. Of course I always thought it was odd that he'd buy the smallest piece due to the fact that he can't see it.
I mean, Ernie's not the sharpest guy to begin with, so that shouldn't come off as a surprise.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The ending was weird; I thought it was going to end with Ernie saying something like "Well, at least I gave him the world's smallest nickel *signature laugh*", because he clearly gave him no nickel (though I think we were supposed to believe he did).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Two things after seeing this posted up:

1) 'least now PJF can quit his whining on another SS clip he can't view.

2) I find it kind of stupid that, surprise, surprise, people are now trying to take advantage of contacting SW for clips they want to see just because he claims he got this from an employee. :rolleyes:

Really makes me miss the 2006-mid 2007 days when it was just "Oh, it's really nice to see these clips again!" Instead of this:

I love Moar Krabs!

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I remember this one quite vividly, and it's kinda cute and all - especially when Alice tries imitating Snuffy part of the time, but I always found the music to be a tad . . . un-Sesame. I dunno, I just don't care for the music.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I made this as individual thread, but I'm still waking up and I didn't think of posting it here instead:

So, we're all aware that Sesame Workshop seems to not take kindly to street scenes being uploaded/at least 15 minutes.

Well.... I was just talking to The original telly monster and he told me that two of his uploads (Five People in my Family and Elmo's Alphabet Soup) got taken down from the Workshop and he received a copyright strike. This year has not been good for Sesame clips at all.

This is literally the first time I've heard them take down just inserts alone, and this makes me nervous. I do get that it's their material, but it bugs me how after not having any issue with the individual clips being uploaded for 11 years now, they suddenly have a bug up their *** about it. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, some of Nanto's stuff has disappeared earlier this year, so it seems like nothing is sacred anymore.