The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This isn't something I saw necessarily, but I had a super weird but also realistic dream last night. I had a dream that I was watching the extremely gory, inappropriate Flash animated video, The Richard Kiel Experience in front of my mom. If you haven't heard of the video I'm referring to, it's a part of the Animutation genre (a series of weird music videos featuring pop culture images). The video was one of the first Animutations that relied on shock and horror rather than comedy. It was also the only Animutation I've seen so far that really grossed me out and disturbed me to no end (I hated this video already, so this extremely awkward dream didn't help). But anyway, in my dream my mom was sitting next to me while I viewed this horrific cartoon and she was cringing really bad and acting just as shocked as I was. But here's the super weird thing:The video in the dream was almost exactly, frame by frame, the actually video. I know that sounds really surreal and gives off an almost creepypasta vibe but it's true. I even looked up the video out of pure disbelief after I had the dream to make sure I'm not going crazy or something and sure enough, the one in my dream was almost an exact replica of the video itself. This has happened in my dreams before with videos/songs I've seen/heard over and over again but here's the difference:I only saw this clip one time. How something I saw one time and didn't like could somehow leak into my subconscious and appear in a dream like that is beyond me. Also, I don't suggest you look the clip up. It's really disturbing and let me put it this way:If a Happy Tree Friends fanatic such as myself can get disturbed by a cartoon, it must be bad. I am in no way recommending this short to anyone and unless you are a super huge horror fanatic, it'd be best to stay away from this video (but maybe it's just me because I'm generally not a fan of scary stuff. Despite the constant parodies/references to the horror genre in HTF and Robot Chicken, they are both intended to be humorous. I am in no way a horror fan so maybe it's simply because I'm used to watching mostly just comedy and sci-fi/superhero stuff and the clip caught me off guard for that reason)

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This isn't something I saw necessarily, but I had a super weird but also realistic dream last night. I had a dream that I was watching the extremely gory, inappropriate Flash animated video, The Richard Kiel Experience in front of my mom. If you haven't heard of the video I'm referring to, it's a part of the Animutation genre (a series of weird music videos featuring pop culture images). The video was one of the first Animutations that relied on shock and horror rather than comedy. It was also the only Animutation I've seen so far that really grossed me out and disturbed me to no end (I hated this video already, so this extremely awkward dream didn't help). But anyway, in my dream my mom was sitting next to me while I viewed this horrific cartoon and she was cringing really bad and acting just as shocked as I was. But here's the super weird thing:The video in the dream was almost exactly, frame by frame, the actually video. I know that sounds really surreal and gives off an almost creepypasta vibe but it's true. I even looked up the video out of pure disbelief after I had the dream to make sure I'm not going crazy or something and sure enough, the one in my dream was almost an exact replica of the video itself. This has happened in my dreams before with videos/songs I've seen/heard over and over again but here's the difference:I only saw this clip one time. How something I saw one time and didn't like could somehow leak into my subconscious and appear in a dream like that is beyond me. Also, I don't suggest you look the clip up. It's really disturbing and let me put it this way:If a Happy Tree Friends fanatic such as myself can get disturbed by a cartoon, it must be bad. I am in no way recommending this short to anyone and unless you are a super huge horror fanatic, it'd be best to stay away from this video (but maybe it's just me because I'm generally not a fan of scary stuff. Despite the constant parodies/references to the horror genre in HTF and Robot Chicken, they are both intended to be humorous. I am in no way a horror fan so maybe it's simply because I'm used to watching mostly just comedy and sci-fi/superhero stuff and the clip caught me off guard for that reason)
Also, for those who are wondering what the heck those Animutation things I'm always talking about are. I found a link to a much more appropriate one. This video is majority SFW despite some mild PG-level cartoon violence and Hitler-related jokes (they even called "the bad place" Heck, so I'm assuming that whoever made this one was aiming for family friendly). This one is honestly one of my main inspirations, my videos may not be the same if I hadn't been exposed to this brilliant work of art at a young age
Seizure warning:Although the video is clean content wise, there is some flashing lights and colors which may be dangerous to people who are prone to seizures. The majority of Animutations are quite colorful and flashy, so maybe it'd be best to stay away from most of them all together if you have epilepsy or similar medical conditions. I'm not trying to promote my work, but I would just like to note that the Animutations made by me and another YouTuber by the name of CartoonFan2000 are completely free of all flashy, colorful, and otherwise dangerous stuff. We deliberately try to keep seizure-ish things out of it as a whole, keeping them more accessable to the general audience (some of my old ones may have brief moments of this but they are very tame compared to the rest of the genre). Btw, I would also like to point out that when it comes to content the worst you will find in our videos is animated blood and occasional PG-level swearing (nothing too over the top like what some Animutators produce)
http://www.animutationportal.com/view/140

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to wonder what it would be like to have a wiki for my original work, little knowing that apparently pages for Steve have been created on various different wikis across the internet (and it really feels surreal):

http://characters.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_D'_Monster
http://musicvideo.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_D'_Monster
http://halloweenspecials.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_D'_Monster

And no, I had absolutely nothing to do with these pages - I never even knew these wikis existed. I'm curious as to who made these pages, and why they space the apostrophe and the M.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It looks like it's snowing outside, but at 88 degrees in September, certainly not. It's apparently a giant swarm of fluffy white bugs flying around. Never saw anything like this before.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Huh.... Guess people are quick to judge and assume Steve is a character originally appearing on Sesame Street.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Huh.... Guess people are quick to judge and assume Steve is a character originally appearing on Sesame Street.
Well, I think it's because Steve's design is based on an old background character from SST. Still though, they're not the same character, and it's really weird that they write the article as if Joe's videos have anything to do with Sesame Workshop.