Confessing Fears

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Echoing gem's post about Disney, I remember as a kid being pretty terrified of "The Sorceror's Apprentice" from Fantasia the first couple times I saw it.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Echoing gem's post about Disney, I remember as a kid being pretty terrified of "The Sorceror's Apprentice" from Fantasia the first couple times I saw it.
Were you ever scared of Chernabog (the demon in the Night on Bald Mountain segment) at all? He never really bothered me, but I've heard lots of people say that they were terrified of him as kids.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Were you ever scared of Chernabog (the demon in the Night on Bald Mountain segment) at all? He never really bothered me, but I've heard lots of people say that they were terrified of him as kids.
I don't mind Chernabog either, he just looks like a character from Disney's Gargoyles to me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Surprisingly he never did. Maybe because I was intrigued by how spooky he was.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I can't post it because it's just SO offensive and disturbing but.........the Snuggles Softener Bear skit from Robot Chicken. That "sketch" is nightmare fuel in it's purest form. I've never had a problem with the Softener Bear as a kid, I'm not THAT much of a wuss. But how they portrayed him was beyond disturbing (if your wondering what I'm on about, it was a sexual assault joke. Yeah, that's why I'm not posting it). I wish I could get this extremely cringey animation out of my head, but it's permanently implanted in my brain unfortunately. Thankfully however, I haven't had any nightmares about it yet :smile:. It's ironic how even Seth Green admitted that he hates this skit with a passion and his mouth dropped opened when he first saw it being played in the writer's room. The majority of the writers felt same the way according to the audio commentary on the season 2 DVD. I don't mean this offensively, but that probably means that whoever wrote that skit has a VERY sick mind.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll be honest, there was one snuggles the bear commercial I remember kind of frightening me when I was a kid.... All I remember was he was on top of a washing machine and it was violently shaking and I think it exploded.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'll be honest, there was one snuggles the bear commercial I remember kind of frightening me when I was a kid.... All I remember was he was on top of a washing machine and it was violently shaking and I think it exploded.
Don't get me wrong, I was never scared of the character himself but the parody version of him is a completely different story. I was actually kind of surprised when I heard about how many people were scared of him as a kid, but the reason he never bothered me was probably because I had a teddy bear that looked kind of like him when I was little and I LOVED that thing. I called it Baby Bear and I literally loved it to pieces. Long story short, I accidentally ripped it in half while I was playing too rough with the toy one day lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my introductions to Internet videos was also one of the most disturbing animations I've seen to this day. It was called Mr. Happy Face (Yeah, I'm sure everyone who knows what I'm talking about is already cringing right now). The short was about a boy sitting next to his TV on a rainy day, causally watching a seemingly innocent cartoon about a talking smiley face when suddenly lightning hits his house which somehow causes the character to come to life. We then quickly discover that the smiley face is actually a serial killer and he ends up killing both the kid and his dog. I was in 5th Grade when I first saw this twisted little Newgrounds video, I thought this was a child friendly cartoon at first and was shocked when I discovered the true nature of it. I honestly forgot about the video for years (my mind probably blocked it out.....for good reason) until earlier this year, I was doing searches for something online (I forget what) which somehow led me to the Mr. Happy Face video. As soon as I saw the thumbnail, I started shivering and got really creeped out but for the life of me I had no idea why. Although the character looked startlingly familiar, I wasn't sure why he bothered me so bad so I decided to watch the video to refresh my memory and as soon as I saw that evil emoji knockoff holding a knife, those horrific memories all came flooding back to me. Yeah, now I'm just waiting for it to leave my mind for a few more years again. I miss those good old days lol :super:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I can't post it because it's just SO offensive and disturbing but.........the Snuggles Softener Bear skit from Robot Chicken. That "sketch" is nightmare fuel in it's purest form. I've never had a problem with the Softener Bear as a kid, I'm not THAT much of a wuss. But how they portrayed him was beyond disturbing (if your wondering what I'm on about, it was a sexual assault joke. Yeah, that's why I'm not posting it). I wish I could get this extremely cringey animation out of my head, but it's permanently implanted in my brain unfortunately. Thankfully however, I haven't had any nightmares about it yet :smile:. It's ironic how even Seth Green admitted that he hates this skit with a passion and his mouth dropped opened when he first saw it being played in the writer's room. The majority of the writers felt same the way according to the audio commentary on the season 2 DVD. I don't mean this offensively, but that probably means that whoever wrote that skit has a VERY sick mind.
For some reason, on the same audio commentary one of the writers of the show said that they found this little skit creepier than the Snuggles softener bear one:
Jeez, you must have to REALLY like monkeys to find this skit more disturbing than their nightmarish interpretation of Snuggles. I actually really like this one and was quite surprised to hear that. In fact, one time I burnt a bunch of my YouTube videos on a disc to give to a friend and used the monkeys in outerspace song as the main menu music. Maybe the fact that it's catchy kind of eases off the creepiness a little. But honestly, the Snuggles skit is the only one that ever truly disturbed me on Robot Chicken. There have been ones that confused me, annoyed me, or grossed me out but none of the others one have actually managed to scare me. Family Guy and American Dad on the other hand, that's a completely different story. Although similar, some of the gags on those shows REALLY make my skin crawl (Peter shaving a cat, Roger ripping off some random kid's skin, etc.). I find that to be quite unusual though because of how Family Guy is a very unrealistic looking 2D animated show but yet Robot Chicken uses dolls. For many people, dolls are synonymous with fear, so yeah that doesn't make much sense to me why the show where a lot of the characters probably auditioned for Chucky doesn't normally have that kind of reaction from me lol

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My brother is watching Toy Story right now, and I actually remember Scud the dog frightening me when I was a kid.... But I also had a big fear of dogs at the time.