[Adult Swim]

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Some cartoons on this channel are disgusting. I was watching [adult swim] one night and saw a commercial for this Mike Tyson cartoon (I don't like Mike Tyson that much anyway), but on the commercial a character started talking about bestiality of all things. I'm surprised they could say that on TV much less on a cartoon! Wow, I was SO shocked, but I guess I probably shouldn't be, because you know, they're adult cartoons, they live to push the envelope. Like the time when it cut to live-action footage of a person getting a sex change on South Park. Huh, yeah, I guess that isn't so shocking after all!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My favorites [adult swim] shows:
-Robot Chicken
-Family Guy
-American Dad
-The Cleveland Show
-King of the Hill
-Bob's Burgers
A while back, me and my mom were talking about a girl at the library who doesn't watch Bob's Burgers and she made a joke saying "If you meet a girl who likes Bob's Burgers, she's a keeper,". We both agree that the best 4 qualities in a relationship is if she agrees with you on religion, politics, Muppets, Star Wars, and Bob's Burgers, LOL! :smile:. But if she's one of the people that believes Jar-Jar Binks started the entire clone wars, look elsewhere, :stick_out_tongue:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On the topic of Bob's Burgers (which I know we have a thread for already), but considering this is about [adult swim] which airs Bob's Burgers, I don't want thread the about Bob's to get too off topic so I'm going to post my top 4 favorite things about Bob's Burgers right here:

1. The Comedy - The humor on the show is always creative, bright, witty, and smart. Don't get me wrong, I love dumb comedy (Happy Tree Friends, epic fail videos, and Family Guy are some of the things that set me off giggling the most;my uncle even had to stop quoting Family Guy in front of me because I would laugh uncontrollably every time), but either way, Bob's Burgers knows how to appeal to both smart people AND dumb people with it's comedy. There's enough immature fart and poop humor to keep the Adam Sandler fans entertained, but there's also a large amount of extremely clever, intelligent wordplay that will make adults roll on the floor laughing. Heck, kids wouldn't get a lot of the jokes, not because they're inappropriate or anything, but because they appeal to their much smarter parents. A lot of the jokes are based on pop culture references that kids shouldn't know in the first place (Parsley, Sage, and Rosemary Thyme Burger? Great way to reference an awesome Paul Simon song that was used on one of my favorite Muppet Show episodes, :smile:).

2. The Characters and Quotability - There is not one character on the show I don't like;they all make me laugh a lot and I quote the majority of them constantly. Most of the shows I'm a fan of have a few characters that I find either boring or just not funny (some attempts at comedy just don't work for me. I will laugh something as simple as a character saying something in a funny tone of voice or reacting to something in a funny way, that's why those scary maze game videos crack me up). An example of a character that I just simply don't find funny or interesting on an otherwise good show is Toothy from Happy Tree Friends. I like the majority of characters but Toothy's personality is so bland that he doesn't appeal to me at all plus he doesn't make me laugh near as much as the others (the blind Mole that doesn't even talk is funnier than him). But on Bob's Burgers, practically every character has said at least 20 things that I quote on a regular basis, some of which have become a part of my regular vocabulary. Sometimes I'll say "Don't have a crap attack," when somebody overreacts to something in an extreme way, I will also say "Uhhhhhhhh," the same way Tina does when I make a reference that nobody gets. Finally, I don't know many times I've said "If guys had uteruses, they'd be called duderuses," or "I wanna slap his beautiful face," just to throw people off. Just remember not to say, Louise's quote "I WILL SEE YOU IN ****!" and never say Gene's quote "YOU'RE A COUPLE OF SL#TS!" that he yelled from the top of a Ferris wheel either. As with any adult cartoon, remember to watch what you quote and when you quote it and to quote Bob's Burgers in moderation, trust me as far as overquoting things goes, I've been there, when I was 15, I would quote Family Guy so often that my family got tired of hearing it all the time, it felt almost like the Ripped Pants episode of Spongebob when you have to hear me saying "Freaking sweet," "Giggitty giggitty goo," "Shut up Meg," and "What the deuce?" over and over again. I also had a habit of referencing a certain line from Herbert (that I'm not going to say in fear of getting banned) every time I'd eat popsicles and singing the song from "Into Harmony's Way about buttering poptarts every a poptart came into conversation.

3. The Music - The music is SO catchy and good on this show. The songs are very creative and funny, especially when they get celebrities to sing them, like the REAL Cyndi Lauper singing Taffy Butt is one of the show's best moments, although this show has best moments piled up on each other and it seems to me that practically episode has at least 10 hilarious moments that stick out in my mind. There's such a thing as too much brilliance, and the Bob's Burgers writers certainly have that amount of brilliance and the songs are no exception. Practically every time a character sings on this show I either want to get up and dance, sing a long with them, or laugh like a hyena. Some of my favorite songs include the slightly inappropriate one that Linda sings outside of the museum (I believe it was called the Yum-Yum song), the duet between Bob and Louise when Bob was stuck on the toilet (I don't know what that was called), the parody of Pink Elephants on Parade with Gayle's anus pictures dancing around in Linda's nightmare, the Schoolhouse Rock parody in Gene's story about "Fart School for the Gifted," and the forementioned Taffy Butt song. We watch this show as a family and we always look forward to the credits scenes because they make us laugh a lot and show a lot of talent from the writers and voice actors both. Dad has always said that his favorite part is the credit scene because they always choose the right songs and dance moves to go with the previous episode you just watched. Unlike most shows that have songs all the time, there really haven't been any stinkers, they've all been really funny and well written, heck, even when they do cover songs it's hilarious just because of the pure shock value of hearing a song you know in that character's funny voice (when they gave the Teddy the chance to sing in that one credits scene;we had to play it back 3 times it was SO funny).

4. The Family Dynamic - On most adult cartoons there is one family member that they treat like ****. On Family Guy, they frequently abuse Meg, calling her names, calling her ugly, stupid, and fat (even though her dad and brother are way fatter than her) and even going as far as to say that if criminals broke into their house, she's too ugly for them to rape, which is really not cool to say to your daughter. On The Simpsons, Lisa is the one that gets regularly picked on even though she's brilliant and 100 times smarter than her dad, brother, and mom. She is an A+ student and very good at playing the saxophone, cut the girl some slack. On South Park, it's obviously Kenny with all the stupid "Oh my God, they killed Kenny again!" crap you've heard 100 times for at least 20 years by now that wasn't funny to begin with and still isn't funny now. Finally on The Cleveland Show, it's Roberta who they regularly refer to as a "sl*t" and outright disrespect. Heck even on Happy Tree Friends, it's kinda that way with Pop and Cub, which is debatable, but you know, Pop is certainly overprotective of Cub but the fact Pop's stupidity kills his own son on a regular basis makes me wonder if Pop honestly hates his son and enjoys seeing him die, I know it's a dark thought, but maybe Pop is more of a selfish ******* than the way they portray him,but that's just my theory, you know. But on Bob's Burgers, it is obvious that the family loves each other. Bob and Louise in particular are best friends and Louise shows how much she loves her "daddy" which I think it's sweet that she still calls him that, Cleveland gets angry every time Cleveland Junior calls him "daddy". But also the 3 siblings are shown to be best friends that stick up for each other and care about each other like when Gene got the Norwegian Stink Hold to save Louise. But one of the sweetest moments to me is the My Little Pony episode, say what you want about that one, but I think they portrayed bronies in a positive light. But either way, the fact that Bob pretended to be a brony, dressed up as a female pink pony character, and almost got a tattoo of a pony just so he can get his daughter's special pony toy back, just shows how much Bob truly cares about and loves his daughter. Seeing Bob as a pony boy was hilarious though. LET'S DO IT FOR JOHNNY! Wait, that's a different kind of pony boy, LOL!

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Adult Swim is bringing back it's classic shows! Last night they aired the first episode of Samurai Jack. Tonight they're airing The Brak Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman AND Sealab 2021. And it looks like they'll be airing Space Ghost for the rest of the week! :smile: I copy pasted the schedule so you can see for yourself:

SCHEDULE
  • SUN, JAN 15
07:00PM BRAK SHOW LEAVE IT TO BRAK, THE TV-PG
07:15PM SPACE GHOST EXPLODE TV-PG
07:30PM HARVEY BIRDMAN BANNON CUSTODY BATTLE TV-PGDL
07:45PM SEALAB 2021 RADIO FREE SEALAB TV-14L
08:00PM RICK AND MORTY AUTO EROTIC ASSIMILATION TV-14DLS
08:30PM RICK AND MORTY TOTAL RICKALL TV-14DLSV
09:00PM AMERICAN DAD FATHER'S DAZE TV-14DLSV
09:30PM FAMILY GUY HOT POCKET-DIAL TV-14DLSV
10:00PM FAMILY GUY PETER'S SISTER TV-14DLSV
10:30PM VENTURE BROTHERS SHADOWMAN 9: IN THE CRADLE OF DESTINY TV-14DV
11:00PM SUPERMANSION LET'S TALK ABOUT REX TV-14DLS
11:30PM TITAN MAXIMUM PILOT TV-14DLSV
12:00AM RICK AND MORTY AUTO EROTIC ASSIMILATION TV-14DLS
12:30AM RICK AND MORTY TOTAL RICKALL TV-14DLSV
01:00AM AMERICAN DAD FATHER'S DAZE TV-14DLSV
01:30AM FAMILY GUY HOT POCKET-DIAL TV-14DLSV
02:00AM FAMILY GUY PETER'S SISTER TV-14DLSV
02:30AM VENTURE BROTHERS SHADOWMAN 9: IN THE CRADLE OF DESTINY TV-14DV
03:00AM SUPERMANSION LET'S TALK ABOUT REX TV-14DLS
03:30AM TITAN MAXIMUM PILOT TV-14DLSV
04:00AM KING OF THE HILL COPS AND ROBERT TV-PGDL
04:30AM KING OF THE HILL IT CAME FROM THE GARAGE TV-PGDL

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/schedule/

mr3urious

Reaction score
Last night they premiered the new season of Samurai Jack, and so far, it's off to a strong start.

It's been 50 years after the last season, and Jack hasn't physically aged a day as a side effect of being brought to the future. Jack also feels guilty about staying in the future for too long, causing him to suffer hallucinations of people from his past in some pretty unnerving imagery (and seeing a mysterious figure on horseback each time). And there are septuplet girls being trained from birth to assassinate Jack under the tutelage of a female figure working for Aku.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The first adult swim show I remember liking is unsurprisingly, Robot Chicken. Aside from accidentally tuning in as a child and barely understanding of it, watching a few episodes with my dad when I was 12 or 13 is what got me hooked on the show. I had a bad image of the show for the longest time because the first whole episode I saw had the Everybody Hates Chris parody with Jesus on it (actually, that's a bad one to start with altogether. In addition to the forementioned Jesus skit, the rest of it is either offensive, boring, or a parody of something from before my time. In Pursuit of Happy Days is a clever title, but a young tween wouldn't know what either of those things being referenced are, although I did get the Florence Henderson reference thanks to The Muppet Show). But once I saw the Joey Fatone episode with my dad one night, that was enough to make me love the show from that point on. It was a very fun experience to watch it as a family due to the many cross-generational references featured in the episode. Dad got some references I didn't and I got some references he didn't (Hello Kitty being the most memorable one. Seriously though, how do you not know who Hello Kitty is? That kind of surprised me lol). One of the ones my dad knew that I was unfamiliar with was this guy:

After seeing that piece of awesomeness, I decided to DVR some more episodes and my love for the show went on from there. A few of the early ones I can remember seeing are the one about Care Bears going to war with the Care Bear cousins, the one with the skit where Fred and Barney fight over a box of Fruity Pebbles, and the classic episode where they parody the film Grease (I'm not gonna talk about this one because it's really inappropriate). Sense then other [adult swim] shows like Rick and Morty and Bob's Burgers became some of my favorites as well. All it took was a Robot Chicken viewing with my dad to make me a fan of the channel ever since, with the exception of a few shows. They do have some programming I can't really get myself into such as the Mike Tyson show, Too Many Cooks (way too scary for me), Mr. Pickles (the only Mr. Pickles I like is Lammy's friend from HTF), pretty much all the anime (I've never been an anime fan at all), and there a few other shows/bumpers I don't like. But for the most part, I'd say that the majority of programming they play are things that I enjoy, at least a little bit.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh before the whole Adult Swim of the newer Cartoon Network I just miss getting to watch Space Ghost Coast To Coast was really good. Sucks I didn't get to see the newer shows back when they aired on some Video Game network. I didn't even know about the channel but I knew I had it cause later on I found out about them airing the show on there.

Oh I also miss the June Bugs marathon even tho at the time I hated it cause at the time I was getting older and wanted older Hanna Barbera character shows then Looney Tunes or I should say a marathon of just Bugs Bunny but it grew on me later on. I just remember coming home one night after being over at my cousin (who would come down for the summer at his dad's) and seeing the TV on (it normally would stay on just for me) when I would come home from being out late and saw the marathon on but it didn't sink in till I turned to either Disney or Nick and then turned back and saw Bugs still showing on Cartoon Network when I was hoping to see Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

But for Adult Swim I enjoyed several shows that was only made for the block and those certain ones are; SGCTC, Sealab 2020, Harvey Birdman, The Brak Show and Robot Chicken (which came later) but the only reason I watch AS is only for Rick and Morty now cause all the other shows are reruns of Fox shows the about the only Fox animated show I still watch is Family Guy.

But I did enjoy that Scooby Doo special they did years ago called "Night of the Living Doo." Really enjoyed that. Wished they would do that more. I don't mind the Mike Tyson show cause it's a tribute to the older HB shows like Scooby Doo, Jabber Jaw, JATPC and many many others but I only watch it ever so often.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Oh before the whole Adult Swim of the newer Cartoon Network I just miss getting to watch Space Ghost Coast To Coast was really good. Sucks I didn't get to see the newer shows back when they aired on some Video Game network. I didn't even know about the channel but I knew I had it cause later on I found out about them airing the show on there.

Oh I also miss the June Bugs marathon even tho at the time I hated it cause at the time I was getting older and wanted older Hanna Barbera character shows then Looney Tunes or I should say a marathon of just Bugs Bunny but it grew on me later on. I just remember coming home one night after being over at my cousin (who would come down for the summer at his dad's) and seeing the TV on (it normally would stay on just for me) when I would come home from being out late and saw the marathon on but it didn't sink in till I turned to either Disney or Nick and then turned back and saw Bugs still showing on Cartoon Network when I was hoping to see Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

But for Adult Swim I enjoyed several shows that was only made for the block and those certain ones are; SGCTC, Sealab 2020, Harvey Birdman, The Brak Show and Robot Chicken (which came later) but the only reason I watch AS is only for Rick and Morty now cause all the other shows are reruns of Fox shows the about the only Fox animated show I still watch is Family Guy.

But I did enjoy that Scooby Doo special they did years ago called "Night of the Living Doo." Really enjoyed that. Wished they would do that more. I don't mind the Mike Tyson show cause it's a tribute to the older HB shows like Scooby Doo, Jabber Jaw, JATPC and many many others but I only watch it ever so often.
Robot Chicken is still on. The 9th season will be starting in a few weeks I think

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Thank you for the info can't wait to see some new RC
This coming Sunday, they will be doing a brand new episode that is a Walking Dead parody special. It looks hilarious and I've barely seen Walking Dead. They even put Snoopy in there lol. In addition to TWD, they've confirmed some of the other things they're going to parody this season (including Homestar Runner, Funko Pops, Peppa Pig, Star Wars:The Force Awakens, Westworld, Mad Max, Jabberjaw, Doc McStuffins, and Slenderman)