The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Mom and my sister visiting from Nashville.

Mom was so happy having all three of her kids (and some of her grandkids) in one place.
One of the elders at our church took them out for breakfast, and hit it off well.
Tomorrow (Friday), my mom turns 80. You'd never know. She's active, social at her retirement community, walks a mile every day, still has her health, and still most likely has a number of good years ahead of her.

Today and tomorrow she's up here visiting old friends. Saturday throwing a big birthday bash with all my aunts and uncles, and Sunday, she and my sister are coming to my church.

My mom's words "I waited two years to hear you sing again".
It's my mom's birthday, but seeing her again is the greatest gift to ME.

I've contemplated moving down from Noo Joisey to Nashville. Been down there, love it down there, but my work up here is not finished yet.
I wait on God to lead me, pray about it a lot, but I still have a reason to stay up here.
In the meantime, I'm still overjoyed to see my mom and sister for the first time in two years. Even more importantly, knowing at this stage in her life, SHE is happy. Happy her kids all grew up and have successful lives, happy to see her grandchildren growing up, God has given her peace, and she does not intend to waste a single day.

Thank you Mom. Now I know where I get it from.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Listened to the new Celtic Thunder album, “Inspirational” tonight on Apple Music. The album came out today and I loved it! Pretty much the only “new” music I listen to nowadays.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I was finally able to get that Steven Universe plush from the claw machine at Meijer! :big_grin: There was also, oddly enough, a Gobo Fraggle plush in there, but unfortunately he was pushed too far towards the back so I couldn't grab him.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was finally able to get that Steven Universe plush from the claw machine at Meijer! :big_grin: There was also, oddly enough, a Gobo Fraggle plush in there, but unfortunately he was pushed too far towards the back so I couldn't grab him.
I would have just looked for it online. But either way, glad you managed to it!

Schfifty

Reaction score
Just saw tonight that Prince's songs now have official uploads on YouTube. Looks like Prince's music firm and YouTube have finally struck a deal (thank goodness).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the right thread to post this, because this made me do much more than smile. It made me almost jump out of my seat with excitement. I recently wrote a fan made HTF episode on their fanon Wiki (half expecting it to quickly fade into obscurity). It was about my secondary waifu, Stacy becoming an Internet celebrity after seeing a meme made out of her. The story had a recurring joke about a made up catchphrase, Stacylicious throughout. But anyway, somebody actually made fan art of my story:

Guess what makes this even better? To top it all off, the guy who made this piece of art is the creator of Stacy. Yeah, he not only acknowledged my work but went as far as to make fan art of it. I was legit trying not to have a fanboy freakout when I saw this :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw the Simpsons episode where Santa's Little Helper has puppies earlier, I don't know why but it was by far one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time. No seriously, I literally couldn't stop howling with laughter throughout the course of the episode (no dog pun intended about the howling part btw). Let me put it this way:If I had been watching the episode in a college dorm room, I would've woken up a bunch of people from laughing as hard as I did. I honestly don't know why I found it to be so funny, because it's really just a regular old episode but I think it was a mixture between the fact that it had a little bit more innuendos than your average Simpsons episode and the many pop culture references in it (Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, dogs playing poker, the artist formerly known as Prince, etc.)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw the Simpsons episode where Santa's Little Helper has puppies earlier, I don't know why but it was by far one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time. No seriously, I literally couldn't stop howling with laughter throughout the course of the episode (no dog pun intended about the howling part btw). Let me put it this way:If I had been watching the episode in a college dorm room, I would've woken up a bunch of people from laughing as hard as I did. I honestly don't know why I found it to be so funny, because it's really just a regular old episode but I think it was a mixture between the fact that it had a little bit more innuendos than your average Simpsons episode and the many pop culture references in it (Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, dogs playing poker, the artist formerly known as Prince, etc.)
The only episode that could compete with the puppies one in terms of making me laugh extremely hard is the one with this song in it (I forget the name):
They referenced Muppets, The Dixie Chicks, and Harry Potter in the same episode. I'm a big fan of all three of those things, which is probably why this ended up being one of my favorites of all time