Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Another two of my favorite Steve moments was in the "Dinosaurs" episode, "Into the Woods." The way he was puppeteering Blarney cracked me up. Then there was the character he did named Woody, which was basically him using the Wembley voice, sure, but waaaaaaaayyyyyy more hyperactive.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another two of my favorite Steve moments was in the "Dinosaurs" episode, "Into the Woods." The way he was puppeteering Blarney cracked me up. Then there was the character he did named Woody, which was basically him using the Wembley voice, sure, but waaaaaaaayyyyyy more hyperactive.
Oh my garsh, I forgot about Blarney! Lol. Speaking of Dinosaurs, they just put it on Hulu, so i'm gonna definitely watch that today. :smile:
If we're going by favorite Steve moments overall and not just Muppets:
SST: The sketch where Ernie sings "Wake Up", Steve's energy in this is just so infectious. Also the "Lights, Camera, Bert!" episode where his comedic timing is spot on as well as his chemistry with Eric. I also thought he was really funny in those Dr. Feel sketches.
Fraggle Rock: Basically any episode about Wembley, and all of the scenes with Doc and Sprocket.
Dinosaurs: The above mentioned Blarney cameo.
Muppets: Bean Bunny in Muppets Christmas Carol.
His performance as Kermit in The Muppets (2011) was really the first time I excepted him as not just an imitator of Jim.
Also, his performances as Kermit on the TV show. Now, I know the writing for him in it wasn't always great, but I feel like this was Steve at the top of his game. Kermit really felt like a real breathing actor in it. And the ways Kermit emoted, Steve's hand must've been getting contorted in all sorts of unnatural ways. It was amazing. He definitely deserved in Emmy.

Least favorite: Kermit's depression in that TV Christmas movie.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, the writing was the problem and not the performance, but I specifically said the ending, as in the last episode because the character development was really good and the performance was so powerful, but that's to me haha.

We've had this discussion before, so I'm not gonna repeat myself lol.
In all honesty, that might be what started this whole thing. Recall, that news article that we've seen after Steve got fired, there was a mention that the way :smile: was portrayed in the 2015 series had quite a bit to do with what happened. Steve didn't seem to like how :smile: portrayed in that one either and that could have been why Steve had conflict with the Henson's and Disney. However, as was stated before, it was more the writers that were at fault there than anything else. Seems like they were just placing blame where it didn't belong.

I always thought that character sounded more like Rizzo, then again, I've never been that much of a fan of Fraggles. I actually didn't think of his performances on "Dinosaurs" when this question was asked before. I think he's done some work with Robbie and Mr. Richfield as well, not the voices, but the costumes or pupeteering or whatever.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I always thought that character sounded more like Rizzo, then again, I've never been that much of a fan of Fraggles. I actually didn't think of his performances on "Dinosaurs" when this question was asked before. I think he's done some work with Robbie and Mr. Richfield as well, not the voices, but the costumes or pupeteering or whatever.
He did Robbie's and Mr. Richfield's faces.

Whataday

Reaction score
I wonder what's in it for the Hensons to be so vocal about their support for Disney? Is the Puppet Heap contract up soon perhaps?