Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like Tom Cruise vehicle American Made is sandwiched between It and Kingsman 2, all of which made a little over $17 million. But then there's the Flatliners remake/sequel starring Kiefer Sutherland, which flatlined at 5th place. The original from 1990 was a hit at the time, but it was apparently quickly forgotten about. Heck, even I've never heard of it until now.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=39&p=.htm

Next week comes Blade Runner 2049 and My Little Pony: The Movie, the latter of which I'm hoping is a decent success and not a spectacular Jem and the Holograms level of failure. The former at least isn't utterly betraying the source material and seems to have a decent amount of love put into it.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like Tom Cruise vehicle American Made is sandwiched between It and Kingsman 2, all of which made a little over $17 million. But then there's the Flatliners remake/sequel starring Kiefer Sutherland, which flatlined at 5th place. The original from 1990 was a hit at the time, but it was apparently quickly forgotten about. Heck, even I've never heard of it until now.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=39&p=.htm

Next week comes Blade Runner 2049 and My Little Pony: The Movie, the latter of which I'm hoping is a decent success and not a spectacular Jem and the Holograms level of failure. The former at least isn't utterly betraying the source material and seems to have a decent amount of love put into it.
Why an MLP movie?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
And apparently Teen Titans Go! is getting a movie, meaning we'll probably be seeing the show for a long time to come, unless it's one of those big series finale films:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/official-teen-titans-go-headed-movie-theaters-153782.html

Still, as much as I dislike the show, it can be pretty good when it has a focused plot, consistent characterization, and not completely random humor, so i'm actually kind of looking forward to this.
But why Teen Titans Go? I think Steven Universe or Adventure Time (even though I don't watch AT that much) should get a movie instead.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
But why Teen Titans Go? I think Steven Universe or Adventure Time (even though I don't watch AT that much) should get a movie instead.
It doesn't necessarily have to be either/or, I think SU would make a great movie, only problem is the show's so arc heavy, it might not get a massive audience. If they had a movie, it would either have to be after the show is already over and the story lines are resolved, or it would be in the middle of the show and ignore the story arcs altogether.

Wasn't there already a TT movie in the works?
I think so. Maybe they'll come out close together kind of like how Lego Batman came out the same year as Batman v. Superman, sort of helping to promote each other.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I think AT was/is getting a movie. Haven't heard anything on that last time it was announced.