Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
For that matter, I wonder what’s in it for Steve’s fans to defend the man as if he was God.
I can't say for others, but I certainly DO NOT see Steve as if he were God. Personally, I defend Steve because I think there's something weird about all of this, and something just doesn't add up to me in the whole debacle.

PS, I hope you also realize that what you said about Steve's fans can apply to Disney fans, as well as supporters of the Hensons. It can go both ways, fella.

Censored

Reaction score
PS, I hope you also realize that what you said about Steve's fans can apply to Disney fans, as well as supporters of the Hensons. It can go both ways, fella.
That's why I said it, to show it can work both ways.

Whataday

Reaction score
For that matter, I wonder what’s in it for Steve’s fans to defend the man as if he was God.
I don't think anyone's doing that really, Steve's fans are defending him as if they are... well, fans.

I'm not particularly a fan of Steve's - in fact I'm far more a fan of Matt Vogel. I'm just curious as to the role of the Hensons in this. Yes, Steve was the one that came out and said he'd been fired but he didn't say anything bad about the Hensons in order to provoke them to react. They really have left The Muppets well alone since they sold them - why comment now?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's doing that really, Steve's fans are defending him as if they are... well, fans.

I'm not particularly a fan of Steve's - in fact I'm far more a fan of Matt Vogel. I'm just curious as to the role of the Hensons in this. Yes, Steve was the one that came out and said he'd been fired but he didn't say anything bad about the Hensons in order to provoke them to react. They really have left The Muppets well alone since they sold them - why comment now?
that's what i have been thinking, why did they wait until now, to confront Steve on his behavior ? it does not make sense to me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Why aren't you a fan of Steve?

Whataday

Reaction score
Why aren't you a fan of Steve?
I'm not saying I don't admire his work - I'm just not a die-hard Steve fan, and my curiosity around the Hensons' comments is not really linked to how I feel about losing his talent one way or another.

It's more the fact that they said anything, rather than whether it's based on truth or not.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not saying I don't admire his work - I'm just not a die-hard Steve fan, and my curiosity around the Hensons' comments is not really linked to how I feel about losing his talent one way or another.

It's more the fact that they said anything, rather than whether it's based on truth or not.
See, I like Jim too, but prefer Steve all the way so I'm more of a Steve fan.