The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not really weird, but did find to be a bit odd.

Last 2 weeks Sesame Workshop didn't upload any TBT clips.... And today went back to normal.

Odd..... Very odd.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just got this email from AOL.

Dear AIM user,

We see that you've used AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) in the past, so we wanted to let you know that AIM will be discontinued and will no longer work as of December 15, 2017.

Before December 15, you can continue to use the service. After December 15, you will no longer have access to AIM and your data will be deleted. If you use an @aim.com email address, your email account will not be affected and you will still be able to send and receive email as usual.

We've loved working on AIM for you. From setting the perfect away message to that familiar ring of an incoming chat, AIM will always have a special place in our hearts. As we move forward, all of us at AOL (now Oath) are excited to continue building the next generation of iconic brands and life-changing products for users around the world.

You can visit our FAQ to learn more. Thank you for being an AIM user.

Sincerely,
The AOL Instant Messenger team

I don't understand. Why is AIM being discontinued so soon?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't had a chat with anybody on Y!M in . . . gosh, I don't know . . . five, maybe six years?

I mean I do miss it, I really do, it was a lot of fun back in the day, but in this day and age of Facebook and social media, IMing is almost pretty much useless. Not to mention it's easier to chat with someone on Facebook at any given time since people are on Facebook almost all hours of the day and night, as opposed to just sitting around and waiting for someone else to login to Y!M or AIM, or MSN, or whatever other IM service you had.

Still, though, I mean I do miss the interaction of IM. Heck, @Colbynfriends and I spent many a Saturday night om Y!M goofing off on the doodling pad, or playing checkers, or anything like that. At least Facebook Messenger recently added the option to change the display colors for the chat widget . . . that's something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A heavyset girl kept staring at me in a restaurant this evening.