The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

But yeah, fat shaming seems to always be a target for comedy. Granted, if it's intended to be put in something purely black comedy like Family Guy or South Park then I'm fine with that because the shows are intended to be offensive in a humorous way. But if someone is just trying to be a straight up ***hole like "Haha he's fat lolololololol!" Then that's where I draw the line.

Sadly I'm a bit out of shape myself from stress eating in college and trying the best to lose weight as well.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My sister gets a lot of wise-cracks from idiot teenagers at the bus stop, especially when she's running to try to catch her bus, just because she's overweight. Why do they think that's funny?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The more I think about it, now what with the advent of things like streaming, mp3 players, iPods, what have you, things like DVDs and CDs suddenly don't seem so "digital" anymore.

Anyone else get that feeling? It also doesn't help movies case when it comes to home video release combo packs that advertising, "DVD, Bluray, and Digital."

I mean, DVDs are physical. CDs are physical. Streaming is virtual. mp3s are virtual.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My sister gets a lot of wise-cracks from idiot teenagers at the bus stop, especially when she's running to try to catch her bus, just because she's overweight. Why do they think that's funny?
I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

But yeah, fat shaming seems to always be a target for comedy. Granted, if it's intended to be put in something purely black comedy like Family Guy or South Park then I'm fine with that because the shows are intended to be offensive in a humorous way. But if someone is just trying to be a straight up ***hole like "Haha he's fat lolololololol!" Then that's where I draw the line.

Sadly I'm a bit out of shape myself from stress eating in college and trying the best to lose weight as well.
I'm more bothered by the fact that fat-shaming and skinny-shaming are such a double standard.

Fat-shaming someone is apparently hilarious, because fat people always make great targets for comedy. The earth trembles when they walk, chairs break when they sit down, they can't get through the door, etc.

Skinny-shaming someone is apparently the worst thing you can do and makes you scum of the earth. You don't know what kind of problems they have that make them so skinny. They could have anorexia, they could have bulimia, they could have some kind of illness or disease that prevents them from gaining weight, you should be ashamed of yourself for speaking oll of them!

I mean, yeah? Well, y'know, some people could be fat because of similar problems: they could have a slow metabolism, they could have a bad thyroid, they could have genetic problems, it may run in their family (oh, but nobody runs in their family, they all just waddle, ZING), they could have a larger bone structure. In my case, I don't deny that I'm fat, I've tried everything under the sun you can imagine to try to lose weight for over seventeen years and nothing works, but I have another issue as well: I have a birth defect in my lower back that causes my lower spine to curve inwardly when it's not supposed to (like a woman's spine), so because of that, it pushes my gut forward and makes my belly look even bigger than it actually is. This is why I naturally walk everywhere with my gut sucked in all the time: it's uncomfortable, and it's difficult to keep up for long periods of time, but it at least helps my gut look like it doesn't stick at so far.
I don't want to seem like i'm patting myself on the back, but this is why in the stories i'm writing, I like to include different kinds of characters as my protagonists. Overweight people, females, people of color, etc. It's still pretty rare to see fictional characters like this that aren't just archetypes or stereotypes. We're all just people, and it can be lonely out there not knowing if someone relates to you, or if you're used to people judging you based on how you look.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A lot of teens do that at the mall. They see a fat lady walking by and make rude comments.
Little do they know they won't stay that way forever. Things happen to your body as you get older, especially after you have a couple kids.
The same kids making fun of fat people might be fat themselves someday, then it will be someone else's turn to laugh at them.
Poetic justice.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
A lot of teens do that at the mall. They see a fat lady walking by and make rude comments.
Little do they know they won't stay that way forever. Things happen to your body as you get older, especially after you have a couple kids.
The same kids making fun of fat people might be fat themselves someday, then it will be someone else's turn to laugh at them.
Poetic justice.
Karma's a pain, isn't it? heh heh heh heh

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just hate people for their personality and nothing more.

The only time I critizise looks is if you look like you haven't showered in days.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For the record, I'm straight and I've never had anything for guys (and I'm not saying this in a bad way to those who are gay/bi, just a general statement), but um....

Am I the only one who actually really likes guys who wear beanies and have long hair? I dunno why, but I find it to be.... Kind of fascinating.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't have long hair (my hair gets puffy when it gets long, almost like a poor man's jewfro), but I always wear a Radar O'Reilly cap, does that count? :stick_out_tongue:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't have long hair (my hair gets puffy when it gets long, almost like a poor man's jewfro), but I always wear a Radar O'Reilly cap, does that count? :stick_out_tongue:
Were there times where you had to take your hat off?