Eight Balls of Fur puppet

Furbelle

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I'm in a puppetry class and for a finals project, we had to choose something inspired by Sesame Street. So, I chose to make puppets of the furballs from Eight Balls of Fur. This shows my first one, though I am going in a new direction with the fur, but I hope I was on the right track. The legs were the worst. I looked everywhere for fabric that had the right stripes, and found zippo. I then had an idea to use white microfleece and take a sharpie to it, and it works great. Hope you guys like it! :smile:

Furbelle

Reaction score
OK, so heres a shot of four furballs I've made this far. Like I mentioned, I went a new direction with the fur. I wanted something shaggier that had a good amount of movement. I was advised to try yarn wefting. Its typically used for dolla hair, but logically you should be able to to get fur out of it too, and the results are great! Its shaggy, thick, and moves ALOT. I used two different yarns to test. The two on the left are Lion brand while the other balls use Caron. Caron is a tighter wrapped yarn...and it shows. Theres a bit of kink on those furballs. I think I'll stick with the Lion Brand from here on out.

Furbelle

Reaction score
A quick revision...I messed up on the teal furball because I didnt know what to expect with the yarn weft, so it came out really fluffy. So, with half its fur on, I trimmed its fur down. I ended up finishing it, but it came out looking like it got a bad haircut. 0_o

Furbelle

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I'm nearly done recording my music cover of Eight Balls of Fur. I figured, I might as well go all the way this project and do something with the music too. I can play all the instruments,but I'm a terrible singer, so it would be cool if I could find someone to sing it. Otherwise I'll use the original vocals. Thats all for now!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What did some of your other classmates do for their final projects?

Furbelle

Reaction score
What did some of your other classmates do for their final projects?
Honestly...I dont know, its still ongoing. The theme is to do something sesame street inspired, so theirs could be as simple as a replica build, but its encouraged to write or re-imagine a skit and to use whatever other skills you have to make your presentation. I'm probably a complete dummy for trying to do something this elaborate, but I thought it would be fun. The project does not have to be completed till December, so there's a fair amount of time.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Honestly...I dont know, its still ongoing. The theme is to do something sesame street inspired, so theirs could be as simple as a replica build, but its encouraged to write or re-imagine a skit and to use whatever other skills you have to make your presentation. I'm probably a complete dummy for trying to do something this elaborate, but I thought it would be fun. The project does not have to be completed till December, so there's a fair amount of time.
Thought the projects were already done. My bad.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I'm nearly done recording my music cover of Eight Balls of Fur. I figured, I might as well go all the way this project and do something with the music too. I can play all the instruments,but I'm a terrible singer, so it would be cool if I could find someone to sing it. Otherwise I'll use the original vocals. Thats all for now!
What instruments do you play?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No worries!

I play guitar, bass, drums (simple stuff, I'm no Neil Peart), piano, ukulele, a tiny bit of accordion...and spoons. Theres not much demand for spoons though. :big_grin:
What songs can you play on accordion?