Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
After last month's record-breaking high, October starts off with a slump as Blade Runner 2049 underperforms at $32 million, while runner-up The Mountain Between Us delivers a decent $10.5 mil., with It clinging on to 3rd. But unfortunately, My Little Pony fell short at $8.8 mil., and did worse than the G1 film from the '80s if you adjust for inflation. So it seems like they're not going to rush into a sequel.

But at least it did better than Jem. So make of that if you will.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=40&p=.htm

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I certainly hope Blade Runner 2049 under performed. What a mess. A very bland, boring mess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see one of the reasons GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN has received a PG rating is for "scenes of bullying."

I've been saying for a while that the whole anti-bullying campaign has kind of lost its effectiveness and has pretty much become nothing more than a tool, but "scenes of bullying" garnering PG ratings seems almost as ridiculous as "depictions of smoking and/or drinking" garnering such a rating as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Depends on the scene. Scenes showing bullying could be very dramatic and intense depending on what happens. Smoking or drinking onscreen isn't likely to trigger anyone's negative emotions.

Furbelle

Reaction score
Wow. Blade Runner is not doing well at all. Too bad, it sure looks good...just don't think anyone really wanted a sequel to Blade Runner.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So the Madea "Halloween" sequel took the top spot, but it made a little less than its predecessor. Meanwhile, 2nd place Geostorm has performed way below expectations, and is not doing so hot with critics. And then there's the biopic Only the Brave, about the Yarnell Hill wildfire in Arizona that killed 19 firefighters, that performed a lowly 5th place.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=42&p=.htm