Songs You Can't Stand

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Actually, she can sing extremely well. Just listen to "If I Was a Boy" or "Freedom", or her rendition of the national anthem. All great vocals. I will say, however, she does have a tendency to over-sing.
i don't think so, i think that Kelly Rowland sings better than her.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Pretty much all songs by Gummibar are extremely annoying. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about: "Oh I'm a gummy bear, yes I'm a gummy bear, I'm a movin' groovin' jammin' singin' gummy bear..." And all of his songs are sung in the most annoying high pitched autotuned voice. There's like 2 or 3 songs by him that I find to be guilty pleasures, but everything else is crap.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Pretty much all songs by Gummibar are extremely annoying. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about: "Oh I'm a gummy bear, yes I'm a gummy bear, I'm a movin' groovin' jammin' singin' gummy bear..." And all of his songs are sung in the most annoying high pitched autotuned voice. There's like 2 or 3 songs by him that I find to be guilty pleasures, but everything else is crap.
I can't stand Auto-Tune either.

Schfifty

Reaction score
The only people I can tolerate with autotone are T-pain and Owl City.... That's about it.
Not even Daft Punk?

"One More Time" is, like, a timeless classic, and it came out when we were kids. There's auto-tune, but it's definitely tolerable.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Not even Daft Punk?

"One More Time" is, like, a timeless classic, and it came out when we were kids. There's auto-tune, but it's definitely tolerable.
Daft Punk do NOT use autotune. They use vocoder. There's a difference. (Sorry to get nitpicky, it's just me being a dorky fangirl.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mechanically or digitally altered voices does not make for improved singing.

Case in point: Meghan Trainor. He voice is heavily altered, and it sounds horrible. She sounds like a singing robot with no human emotion whatsoever. Everytime I hear "All About That Bass" or "Lips Are Movin'," I immediately change the station. I can tolerate that song she did with John Legend, however, she almost sounds human in that one.

Nevertheless, it makes me wonder if there's any artist out there today who can genuinely sing, and not have to have their voices altered in any way or form.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Nevertheless, it makes me wonder if there's any artist out there today who can genuinely sing, and not have to have their voices altered in any way or form.
There's plenty of good singers out there if you look close enough. I once saw a guy on YouTube who did a cover of "Let's Stay Together", and he had such an amazing voice (that wasn't altered in any way).

Schfifty

Reaction score
Daft Punk do NOT use autotune. They use vocoder. There's a difference. (Sorry to get nitpicky, it's just me being a dorky fangirl.)
Well, the Wikipedia article for the song mentions that there's auto-tune, so I went with that.

I don't mind if their music contains it, but I do mind if pop singers use auto-tune a lot (like Meghan Trainor as Snowth pointed out, although I haven't listened to a lot of her music). That's a genre which people usually want to hear genuine singing ability, and I don't think filtering it with AT should be too prevalent. Daft Punk on the other hand I can tolerate, because it's more house/electronica and not necessarily pop.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
There's plenty of good singers out there if you look close enough. I once saw a guy on YouTube who did a cover of "Let's Stay Together", and he had such an amazing voice (that wasn't altered in any way).
Here's the cover if anyone is interested in hearing it: