What made you roll your eyes today thread?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's reasons like this I just ended up retiring from uploading clips.

The sad thing is, I can already picture some fans being like "Not like you had anything worth sharing anyway" if I chose to announce I'm removing everything if the time comes where I get a copyright strike.
I remember things you posted way back when, and I for one thank you.
Anything anybody has posted on YouTube, especially if I haven't seen it in a while, I've always been moved, and grateful for sharing their good fortune with others.
And I never took that for granted, because you never know if someday the clip gets pulled.
So thank you for your thoughtfulness (the same to hundreds of others for posting their gems), and I'm sorry others can't show you their gratitude. Being grateful and being humble go together.

Maybe they have to wait ten twenty, sometimes FORTY years to see something again to really appreciate it. My two cents.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember things you posted way back when, and I for one thank you.
Anything anybody has posted on YouTube, especially if I haven't seen it in a while, I've always been moved, and grateful for sharing their good fortune with others.
And I never took that for granted, because you never know if someday the clip gets pulled.
So thank you for your thoughtfulness (the same to hundreds of others for posting their gems), and i'm sorry others can't be as grateful as me.

Maybe they have to wait ten twenty, sometimes FORTY years to see something again to really appreciate it. My two cents.
I appreciate the feedback, so thanks. I do remember my 14/15 year old self being jealous that other users had numerous tapes of episodes to put clips from (especially since all my recorded Sesame Street stuff is gone), but I did my best anyway to contribute uploading stuff from home videos and modern day episodes from the late 2000's, even if the former may have had stuff edited out or other stuff placed in for the video, and it was fun while it lasted. Heck, I even remember in 2006 no one seemed to have an issue with clips coming from a home video tape. I feel like late 2007/2008 is when some fans started to get greedy and then as the years went by, it just got out of control.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Exactly. 2006 was a banner year when YouTube first had these clips available for everyone to see. Before that, you were lucky if you had a friend to trade Noggin tapes with, or score them off eBay.
Yes, as time went by, people started getting greedier in having unrealistic expectations of what people can/will post, and comments got nastier.
Just like anywhere else online, (even here) sometimes it can be really great when people with positive attitudes can really celebrate the work all the Muppeteers, animators, filmmakers and songwriters put forth years ago. Other times it becomes so... toxic.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The one thing I noticed interestingly enough is most of the segments that came from recorded episodes are all from the 1980's onward (which would make sense, since VCR's came at that time), in terms of PBS recordings (cause every 70's episode I've noticed seems to come off Sesame Street Unpaved). So when it comes to season 1 and various 70's clips, honestly we're lucky to have even gotten some before the launch of Sesame Workshop's YouTube channel, Sesamestreet.org before many of the videos were taken down and the 2014/15 leak of episodes, because there have been numerous season 1 clips and 70's skits that sadly looked like they were phased out before the 80's which would explain why some clips like Little Jerry and the Monotones helping out Grover spell the word "Walk", Waiter Grover serving the Count hot dogs and the original first and last skit never surfaced back in the days when we had to rely on fan uploads for clips.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I don't get their mindset: why are street scenes "annoying"? Why have they "been annoying since 2017"? People like Shane and many others have been uploading street scenes for almost a decade, what gives?
It's because those fans would rather see full, hour-long episodes instead of street scenes, plain and simple. I uploaded street scenes as sort of a "safer" method of posting episodes, and I'm pretty sure Shane and hooperfan have shared the same preference. It's more risky with full episodes, so why take it?

Being demanding isn't really going to help, and I wish more people could realize that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the day someone tries to go undercover as an intern/employee at the workshop only to secretly be a spy and just to hack into the vault and steal all the episodes one by one and then leak them all out toge-

Oh.... Right. Seems like that already happened.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
People mistaking Strong Bad for Deadpool. Trust me, it happens A LOT.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm guessing because high school students shouldn't be exposed to racial prejudice even when it's fictional?

We read the book in 9th grade way back in October 2007 (ten years ago...wow), but yeah, it probably wouldn't be surprising if some schools banned it considering its controversial themes.