Where are the older humans?

Censored

Reaction score
Betty White is super human. If you can find the clip of her on 30 Rock defying the "Rule of Three" it is amazing. I think what has most fans upset is not that they let these cast members go (they are older, there needs to be a curriculum we can maintain etc) So I think the main issue is we were never able to say good-bye to these beloved characters (on a show that did a good job of saying good-bye to characters and actors - Will Lee, Jerry Nelson). I feel that they did a disservice to themselves by having this happen all "off screen". I understand that an episode about these folks moving on may not have fit in with the direction the show was going, but how about Gordon and Susan are retiring in Yuma! And Luis is joining Maria in Puerto Rico (a hot potato I know), Bob is moving to Japan. Just give us some closure on these characters. It can happen in You Tube videos it does not to be within the show.
No, the problem was that they let them go, period.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Y'all, we've already established they weren't fired because of their age. First of all, Alison was let go and she's only in her forties. They were let go because (1. the show is focusing on less characters now so kids can have consistency and get acquainted with the main characters more easily (2. Bob McGrath said it was educators themselves who recommend cutting back on characters.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Well, it's already happened and it's now old news at this point. We can still look back at the old stuff. I just hope we get something really great for the 50th anniversary and that all of them are included in whatever they choose to do to commemorate. It's interesting...all of the great milestone moments have involved Gordon, Susan, Maria, Luis, Bob and Gina (and of course Mr. Hooper). They don't do episodes like those anymore. I feel like the last thing we got like that was the hurricane episodes. And I hope they have something good planned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just hope we get something really great for the 50th anniversary and that all of them are included in whatever they choose to do to commemorate.
When I met some of the castmembers at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo a couple of weeks ago, they each seemed to hint that the staff was already in the process of bouncing around ideas for that particular season; Bob even talked about the possibility of them making special live appearances, like some of those concerts they've done in the past and what have you.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
When I met some of the castmembers at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo a couple of weeks ago, they each seemed to hint that the staff was already in the process of bouncing around ideas for that particular season; Bob even talked about the possibility of them making special live appearances, like some of those concerts they've done in the past and what have you.
Or how about something along the lines of the Muppets at the Hollywood Bowl (doesn't have to be there), but with the Sesame Gang. Something live would be cool, but I'd love for there to be something recorded/filmed too, and that these people are used in a significant way. After all, they were huge in getting the show to 50.

jobi71

Reaction score
No, the problem was that they let them go, period.
I want to clarify my comment. My main problem is that there was no official good-bye or send off. Others (and you are clearly passionate about this) may have different views. I did not intend to speak for all.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I want to clarify my comment. My main problem is that there was no official good-bye or send off. Others (and you are clearly passionate about this) may have different views. I did not intend to speak for all.
Agree somewhat. I'm not sure how they would have done a send off for all of them at the exact same time. Also, so many great people on that show came and went. I suppose they couldn't do it for everyone. For all we know, Lillian may still live Around the Corner, or Olivia sings at Birdland every Friday night or Linda is still running that library. We just never see them on camera. This great handful that has stuck around for its entirety (48 years, and they are one of the reasons Sesame Street has endured because they built this community), it would be nice to salute them. Perhaps they will be able to get that when we hit the 50th mark. Really, they should all receive Lifetime Achievements, not just Carroll Spinney.