The Saddest thing that reminds you that you're old...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My dad's 74, and my mom's 65- they're old enough to be my grandparents, so you both lose. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I reiterate, MOST, not all.
Either way, I still don't feel old. By the time you hit your mid-30's you're supposed to have a mid-life crisis. Guys (especially) doing things they did 20 years earlier, like hanging out at the mall trying to pick up chicks.
I can look back on almost 50 years of Sesame Street, but I don't feel old.
I'm past the age of staying up all night, I'm no longer invincible or bulletproof, but I do not feel old.

Some of your parents might be younger than me. I wonder if they feel older than me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After reading @LittleJerry92's post in another thread about sometime hating being a night owl reminds me. . . .

:sigh: When I was a little kid, staying up late was a legit thrill - especially considering my parents gave me such early bedtimes during my school years (8:30, eventually bumped up to 9:00, eventually bumped up to 9:30), so whenever I got the chance to stay up until, say, 11:00 on special occasions, it was seriously thrilling and exciting, and even seemed magical, because things seemed so "different."

Once I became an adult and had the freedom to stay up as late as I want, there's literally nothing special about it . . . in fact, in recent years, I'm finding that now sometimes I stay up a little too late, and if I do, then I have trouble getting up the next morning. Matter of fact, for whatever reason, I've had trouble getting up almost every morning this year, and I have absolutely no idea why. So, anymore, I try to be in bed by 1:00am . . . doesn't happen that way too often, because again, I'm a night owl, I suddenly feel the need to start accomplishing tasks and such by the time midnight rolls around, so, yeah.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After reading @LittleJerry92's post in another thread about sometime hating being a night owl reminds me. . . .

:sigh: When I was a little kid, staying up late was a legit thrill - especially considering my parents gave me such early bedtimes during my school years (8:30, eventually bumped up to 9:00, eventually bumped up to 9:30), so whenever I got the chance to stay up until, say, 11:00 on special occasions, it was seriously thrilling and exciting, and even seemed magical, because things seemed so "different."

Once I became an adult and had the freedom to stay up as late as I want, there's literally nothing special about it . . . in fact, in recent years, I'm finding that now sometimes I stay up a little too late, and if I do, then I have trouble getting up the next morning. Matter of fact, for whatever reason, I've had trouble getting up almost every morning this year, and I have absolutely no idea why. So, anymore, I try to be in bed by 1:00am . . . doesn't happen that way too often, because again, I'm a night owl, I suddenly feel the need to start accomplishing tasks and such by the time midnight rolls around, so, yeah.
The issue with me is the fact that college life made me stay up late. Be it just wanting to have fun or getting homework done or too much on my mind. The latest for a long time I would stay up is 11 am, up until senior year of college where I started staying up till 12, sometimes 1. By the time I started college at Landmark.... My bed time pretty much just rounded down to whatever was going on in life. Moving to New England Tech just made it 10x worse.

I dunno, I am trying to find ways to go to bed earlier, but right now it doesn't help when you got stuff on your mind.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's a startling realization I had earlier. Due to how both shows first premiered in 1999, if Stewie Griffin and Cub from Happy Tree Friends were real people they would be 18 years old now. I could be hanging out with Stewie Griffin right now. Wow, that's a VERY weird thought!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meg ages and becomes a full adult, Chris ages and begin high school.

And Stewie is still 1.

Family Guy logic.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

Holy Crap,Batman! When I was little, staying up past 9:00 was taboo. Then, like you, as I got older, staying up to 10, 11, was neat, but it still felt like you were doing something risky.

In 1979, when Saturday Night Live was on, (I was 10 or 11) we tried our hardest to stay up in hopes of seeing Mr. Bill. For those who don't know, Mr. Bill was a little man made out of Play Doh, who routinely got mutilated at the hands of Mr. Sluggo (another Play-Doh figure) or the evil Mr. Hands.
For its time, these little film clips were the funniest things in all Creation.
But since VCR's. DVD's. YouTube, etc, didn't exist back then, the only way to see them was hope you could stay awake until nearly 1 am.
Sometimes I failed miserably.
Other times, when you did stay up and were lucky enough to catch him, you feel like you really scored.
Then you'd drop to the floor and pass out right there.